Customised Default theme mobile menu parent categories not clickable

andyfick

Hi,

This one's got me really stumped, but I'm sure it's probably a CSS error as I've been doing a lot of customisation recently.

Here's the site:

https://accessoriesforthehome.co.uk

Here's the problem:

If you view the site on a mobile (or using browser inspector mobile setting), you will see that the parent categories in the drop down menu are not clickable, even though they are defined as links. It's only the ones with sub-categories that don't work (i.e. the ones with the '+' next to them). Anything that doesn't have a sub-category works fine.

I've heavily edited the superfish CSS files to get the menu looking how I want it on Desktop (haven't touched js), but hadn't really focussed on mobile until now, so I think something in my CSS changes for the Desktop has probably interfered with the functioning of the mobile rendering of the menu, but I just can't figure it out and can't find anything on the forums / Google that corresponds to this error.

The site is based on default-bootstrap and I'm running 1.6.1.18.

I have a couple of plugins added (over and above the defaults), including fixedheader, prestanotify (pop-ups), infinitescroll. Fixedheader and prestanotify are disabled on mobile.

Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated!

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks El Patron,

It looks like it's the second time you click that fails. I've just gone back in after a reboot and the first top-level item I clicked worked (e.g. Mirrors). Then, when I drop the menu down again and click a second top-level menu item, nothing happens.

Which is even stranger than I suspected!

This also suggests it might not be CSS but some kind of JS caching / fail?

I'm even more confused now!

Best,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks El Patron - no, it isn't solved.

The first click on a top-level category in the mobile menu works. Then, when you open up the menu a second time and click a top-level category nothing happens.

Clicking the top level categories in the Desktop menu works fine.

Weird!

Any pointers your guys can give would be much appreciated!

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi andy,

well i suspect you have a conflict with some plugin!. In ScreenFly simulatiors all works fine. In Firefox Pro simulator you cannot open the 1st level cat. dropdown menu..in Chrome the 1st lev dropdown menu opens but links don't work!. I tried in a samsung phone ( old one ) and doesn't work..check all plugins installed, for sure some plugin is affecting it.

ciao

Fabrizio