ERROR: "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt"

Hello,

I tried to install Prestashop 4 times and every time I end up with the error "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt". Even though the error says that I should create a database, that is not the problem because I did create a database and an user for it with all privileges. also, in step 3 of the installation, it asks me for the database name, user and password. I filled all the fields and pressed "Verify Now!" and it gives me "Database is connected." but when I press next, the error "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt" comes.I contacted my host provider and they said that everything is fine with the server and the problem is from Prestashop. I found that a lot of people are facing the same problem and I tried every solution I can find but non of them works.

What should I do?

I have some problem :(

Please help me.

Did you managed to go to Step 3 whereby PS asked you to enter shop information and all those stuffs? It is common to see that "error message" when downloading PS. Just click on "Next"

Did you managed to go to Step 3 whereby PS asked you to enter shop information and all those stuffs? It is common to see that "error message" when downloading PS. Just click on "Next"

you could press next a 1000 times and nothing happens

Here here. The problem persists. In my case it gives 2 warnings: "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt" - although it's created and: "Database server was not found. Please verify the login, password, and database server name fields" - although the data is correct.

Should I give up and try an older version?

Hello,

I tried to install Prestashop 4 times and every time I end up with the error "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt". Even though the error says that I should create a database, that is not the problem because I did create a database and an user for it with all privileges. also, in step 3 of the installation, it asks me for the database name, user and password. I filled all the fields and pressed "Verify Now!" and it gives me "Database is connected." but when I press next, the error "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt" comes.I contacted my host provider and they said that everything is fine with the server and the problem is from Prestashop. I found that a lot of people are facing the same problem and I tried every solution I can find but non of them works.

What should I do?

pnr750,

What version of PS are you trying to install?

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you having issues, please provide some specific information as to the version you are trying to install. Also, what are the specs your host is using.

I've installed at least four versions of PS 1.4 and haven't had trouble with any of them. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but could it be a hosting issue even though they say that everything is fine? Is the host using the correct version of PHP, MYSQL, Apache, etc? It is strange that some of us have no trouble installing it and others can't. I bet there is some issue with the webhost and something they have doesn't like PrestaShop or vice versa.

Hi Curtdonohue

I am installing the latest Prestashop version: 1.3.7
Please advise...thanks a lot :)

Here's my server specs:
cPanel Version 11.28.83
Theme x3
Apache version 2.2.17
PHP version 5.2.16
MySQL version 4.1.22-standard
Architecture i686
Operating system linux
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
Perl version 5.8.8

While installing - step 1 : System and permissions
All is ticked okay except for "Allowed to open external URLs" is not okay - I don't know how to resolve this. But since it is optional...I proceed NEXT and was stucked in this database issue.

I was able to successfully install after deleting my SQL databases in godaddy and recreating them. When recreating them I chose to recreate them with "Allow Direct Database Access" set to YES. The default is NO. It specifically states that the database will be created in a different space if you create it this way. Once I deleted the other database and recreated it this way, I didn't have any problems. Godaddy is not the easiest thing to negotiate!!

Lainek,

If you are absolutely sure you've gone through all the installation instructions correctly and the previous post by lookiewhatidid didn't help you, I can't think of anything to add. I'm suspect is it a hosting/PrestaShop compatibility issue, though, because I and many, many others don't have a problem. Since PrestaShop is the consistent factor, it must be an issue on the hosting end. Or, you made some kind of mistake during the installation process (uploading files, setting permissions, etc.) that has yet to become obvious. Frustrating, I know, and I feel your pain.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but you can watch my download and install videos at http://www.prestatraining.com/download-and-install-prestashop/. It might not hurt to watch just to be sure there were no errors in the process of downloading the files from PrestaShop and then uploading them to the web host.

Do you have any other hosting accounts? Or, do you have other friends who would be willing to download and install a copy of PrestaShop for your on a different host? I would suggest trying a host that is known to work well with PrestaShop such as BlueHost or HostGator. GoDaddy also works, but check the post above from lookiewhatidid for a small tweak he had to make. I have never had any problems with BlueHost, so I can recommend them fully. I have managed to install and use almost every version of 1.3 that has come out and, now, almost every version of 1.4 with no problems.

Hi curt and lookiewhatidid,

I created database using Cpanel MySQL database...so it is rather simplified process....I don't see any option of “Allow Direct Database Access” set to YES. The default is NO. while creating a database.....so this I don't know how to do.

I do have another hosting with hostmonster and I did a successful installation of an older version with no problem.
Okay, I shall try to install this new version to hostmonster just to find out if it is really a host issue.

If there is any other way...please let me know.

Thanks!

Lainek,

I'm afraid I don't have a clue, but it seems to be some difference with the way your current host is set up. I realize this may not be what you want to hear, but the simple solution is to get a different host that works with PrestaShop. You may also want to see if you can get the forum moderators attention. They may have seen this issue before with this particular host.

The only other thing I can think of is try to call the technical support departments of each of your hosts and tell them what your problem is. Then proceed to ask every question you can think of that might illuminate some difference between the hosts. I honestly wouldn't have the patience to do that, though.

Also, you should consider a new host anyway because they are not what I would call friendly to PrestaShop. Trying to make them friendly (having the correct settings and setup) may be more trouble than it is worth. Do you really want that hassle with your shop?

Sorry I can't offer more.

Hi,

I'm new on this and I have just read your all your posts for this kind of problem. I'm also stuck on stage 3 of the installation. I'm sure that all my previous steps are good and I have contacted my host provider to check on my database. They told me that it is fine but I get the same error saying that the database server cannot be found, please check login, passwoord etc.,
I don't know what to do... I tried also to click on next but it doesn't go further. I'm using version 1.3. Any tips???

I have same issue when trying to install to one.com (my provider). But in my case, I was running the earlier version two weeks ago. I then deleted everything, dropped all the tables in the database, downloaded this latest version 1.3.7 and then ran into this same problem in step 3.

Error message says, "You have to create a database, help available in readme_en.txt"

I have verified with my provider that mysql database is in order, so it's a strang message. I wonder if actually something else is actually causing the error.

HI,

i am also having the same problem when installing prestashop on Godaddy hosting,
just keep idle on step3 after verified the databse, and there are no response when clicking "next"

even i have tried to recreate the database and “Allow Direct Database Access” set to YES.

while i can install prestashop smoothly on another server, don't know what is the problems on Godaddy hosting.

I have now solved my issue.
What I did was simply delete all PrestaShop files on my webserver and did a new install from the downloaded files. And everything worked just fine.
The former upload must have dropped a necessary file or something like that. Anyway, I'm now happily working on my new site.

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem, hosting on EukHost, Windows server with Plesk, PHP 5.2.6, MySql 5.0.45.

Installation freezes on step 3. The database structure is being created (135 tables), however unable to progress.

Prestashop version is 1.3.7.0.

I have removed all files and reinstalled from scratch twice now.

I also keep getting the message "This application need you to activate Javascript to correctly work." prior to starting the installation, don't know if this is connected. Is this a common or contributing factor?

I am also having this issue on HostGator.

I have a version of 1.3 running fine, and 1.4 RC2 installed fine. Now I am unable to connect to the database at all, even when I use the configuration settings (in Step 3) from the working 1.4 RC2 installation.

I need to figure out how to resolve this issue, even if it means doing it all manually. I have a potential customer who is VERY interested in using the new features of 1.4 but not without a proof of concept.

Thanks!!!

Bob

For me the same problem as you all, stuck at step 3. Already installed the ps three times now, and the next button doenst work for me? Contacted ONE, my host, but everything is ok. Trying to install ps 1.3.7.0
PLSE ADVICE!!!

I had the same trouble with the 1.3.7.0 installer and I've made some investigations. The installation system stops executing an insert query for sample orders included in "full installation" and returns the error below.

sqlMsgError="Field \'ecotax_tax_rate\' doesn\'t have a default value"
   sqlNumberError="1364"
   sqlQuery="INSERT INTO `ps_order_detail` (`id_order_detail`, `id_order`, `product_id`, `product_attribute_id`, `product_name`, `product_quantity`, `product_quantity_return`, `product_price`, `product_quantity_discount`, `product_ean13`, `product_reference`, `product_supplier_reference`, `product_weight`, `tax_name`, `tax_rate`, `ecotax`, `download_hash`, `download_nb`, `download_deadline`)
       VALUES (1, 1, 7, 23, \'iPod touch - Capacité: 32Go\', 1, 0, \'392.140500\', \'0.000000\', NULL, NULL, NULL, 0, \'TVA 19.6%\', \'19.60\', \'0.00\', \'\', 0, \'0000-00-00 00:00:00\')"
/>

This error makes clear which the problem is. There is an inconsistency between sample data and the DB structure about the table 'PREFIX_order_detail'.

To make the installer proceed you can change line 818 of '/install/sql/db.sql' file to:

`ecotax_tax_rate` DECIMAL(5, 3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.000',

It worked for me, but I DO NOT KNOW if this will break something at application level. I'm sure an installer patch will be published soon, in the meantime do it at your own risk!

Hope this may help.

• 3 months later...