Faceted Search Module - Filter Wrong Results

userpap

Hello,

I have a problem i would like to ask about, because I don’t know if it’s a problem of the theme or Prestashop. My prestashop version is 1.7.3.

I realized that when I use filter I get wrong product results. I use Prestashop Faceted Search Module. For example if i choose color White-Pink, I get product result which is not White-Pink. Do you have any idea what is wrong? Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...

I have the very similar problem on 1.7.4.1 and 1.7.4.2 installations.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install the latest 1.7.4.2 (1) version with classic theme.

2. Go to Accessories category: http://yoursite.com/6-accessories

3. Select White and Black colors: http://yoursite.com/6-accessories?q=Color-White-Black

4. Now select brand  Graphic Corner and you will get no results!

I have exactly the same issue with my custom products and having more than 2 colors. Whenever I choose at least 2 colors other filters are not updated in accordance with colors selection this way allowing me to get into no results situation.

There are also other problems. Say I choose a brand. Then brand filter disappears this way I cannot select more than one brand at a time! Same situation for the price filter, but not paper type or color!

Another. On the same accessories page I choose White color and all other filters disappear. I click on Black and other filters appear. Same 1-3 steps as described above but another question: why other filters appear after selecting the second color? All the products in these categories have both black and white color.

Please advise on this or are there any other alternatives for the filter.

Thanks

I have found this thread providing a solution to fix a bug with not properly updating filters with multiple selection.

But the problem remains when you cannot select more than one brand! When you first select a brand the brand selection box disappears!

Same problem: faceted search for price option acting like radio but it is checkbox.

Edited by webxtor (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you manage to fix the problem ?

I've got Prestashop 1.7.5.1 with Faceted Search 2.2.1 (the last version). I've started from a brand new installation (no theme, no add-ons).

When selecting a custom attribute in the filters, it always returns 0 results (though there are products with these attributes).

When selecting a price range, it works...

On 2/25/2019 at 2:19 PM, Didee said:

Did you manage to fix the problem ?

I've got Prestashop 1.7.5.1 with Faceted Search 2.2.1 (the last version). I've started from a brand new installation (no theme, no add-ons).

When selecting a custom attribute in the filters, it always returns 0 results (though there are products with these attributes).

When selecting a price range, it works...

I have the same issues sadly :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Did you get the problem solved? 

Using prestashop 1.7.5.0 here and each filter group only allows me to check one option? So, can only choose 1 price range, 1 brand, 1 size and so on. Each time I select an option, all other options of that group disappear.
Users should be able to filter with multiple values of same attribute.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tunde said:

Papantoniou, Can you please tell me the name of the module you bought?

Hello,

We bought Advanced Search 4 - Filters & Search Module. It works fine, it has a lot of options, but i have to tell you it has 2 problems: specific prices (for example -20% reduction) can not be handled by the price slider and it's kinda "heavy". Since we started using it, save or duplicate action in product page (backoffice) takes several seconds.

43 minutes ago, Papantoniou said:

Hello,

We bought Advanced Search 4 - Filters & Search Module. It works fine, it has a lot of options, but i have to tell you it has 2 problems: specific prices (for example -20% reduction) can not be handled by the price slider and it's kinda "heavy". Since we started using it, save or duplicate action in product page (backoffice) takes several seconds.

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think we can edit the code for this issue:
ps_facetedsearch/ps_facetedsearch.php (approx line 1423)

ON (sa.id_product_attribute = pac.id_product_attribute AND sa.quantity > 0)

Replace it with:
ON (sa.id_product_attribute = pac.id_product_attribute AND sa.quantity >= 0)

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/12143

Edited by Brunobocas (see edit history)
  • Like 1