Checkout process not working after complete address step

When a signed customer fills in the four-steps-checkout-process:

1. Personal Information
  2. Address
  3. Delivery Option
  4. Payment

Then is not possible to move to step 3 after completing well the address and clicking "Continue" button, the page just refresh itself and nothing else happen, no delivery option is shown and no errors neither.

The site has configured 3 carriers (1 Pickup in store which is free and other 2 are not free).

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem, however my checkout doesn't continue to the "address" block, reverting back to the personal details block as if the personal particulas block has been refreshed. 

I've looked everywhere for a solution but this seems few and far between... I am using Prestashop 1.7, latest version.

I'm now going to try Magento out of pure frustration.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, ukbaz said:

Same problem v 1.7.8.0...and 1.7.8.2 using PHP 7.4 and Classic theme Address step continually reloads on clicking continue.. all address details filled in correctly. When will someone address this issue?

Did you by any chance fixed it? I'm stuck with the same problem and so are many other people, yet no one has an answer or place to get one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Same problem. Reload and reload and reload can't pass the step 2 of chexkout... No problem on adress, no mandatory fields checked in backoffice....

I'm going t be crazy !

My version 1.7.8.3. and all modules are update.

Does anyone have solved the problem?

Got same problem as everyone else here, we got running 1.7.8.0. 

I've been forking in PS since last autumn and i still don't understand why do companies use this platform. It's been up for more than 10 years and yet there are such crucial bugs happening to a lot of users, yet i havent seen one post Prestashop team adressing the problem and provide a solution. I'm going crazy as well.

Hello, it seems to me that PrestaShop normally works correctly, however on several occasions it can be negatively affected by the installation of themes/modules developed by third parties that, due to some error in their code, cause PrestaShop to behave unexpectedly. You can do the following:

1. Verify that your web server has the parameters recommended by Prestashop: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

2. Activate the debug mode of Prestashop and verify that there are no additional errors during this process.

3. Disable non-native prestashop modules for better testing.

4. Check in the B.O if you do not have any mandatory field and that it is not being shown in the FrontOffice.

If you want me to help you, reply to this topic with your test results to analyze it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RensR said:

Hello, it seems to me that PrestaShop normally works correctly, however on several occasions it can be negatively affected by the installation of themes/modules developed by third parties that, due to some error in their code, cause PrestaShop to behave unexpectedly. You can do the following:

1. Verify that your web server has the parameters recommended by Prestashop: https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

2. Activate the debug mode of Prestashop and verify that there are no additional errors during this process.

3. Disable non-native prestashop modules for better testing.

4. Check in the B.O if you do not have any mandatory field and that it is not being shown in the FrontOffice.

If you want me to help you, reply to this topic with your test results to analyze it.

I've never used Debuger, not sure how to use it on live page, youtube tutorials only show how to activate it expecting me to allready know how to use it.

Anyways i used browser console and some .js errors came up, when i pressed 'Continue' button on second step, not sure if they are related to this error or something else. I don't know js myself. :D I attached image with said errors.

Are they any help? If not, what else can i provide? :)

xqx.jpg

Edited by Brengulis (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Thanks @sHADoX17 and @mkinternet. The previous post has saved me a lot of time. I was facing the issue of blocked on the save address step when creating an account during the order process and the above solution (adding the missing hook on the database) fixed the problem for me also.

It was driving me crazy because everything was working fine for on a vanilla PS 1.7.8 installation and it was failing on the website I'm testing which is pre-production testing preparing a migration from a PS 1.6.0.14 to PS 1.7.8.8.

So far I had to fix already lot of missing things on the database that the automated DB migration process provided by PS is missing.

Now, based on this issue I have done a comparison of all the hooks on the ps_hook table between the vanilla PS 1.7.8 installation and the PS 1.7.8 database migrated for the website from PS 1.6.0.14 and I'm even more scared because there lot of other missing hooks. Any idea by anyone if we need to be concerned of facing other issues at some point (my default thought is for sure yes), an example below but there are many more missing hooks. Many of the missing hooks seem to be relevant for the backoffice. Find attached the full diff.

actionAdminAdministrationControllerPostProcessBefore    1
actionAdminAdministrationControllerPostProcessGeneralBefore    1
actionAdminAdministrationControllerPostProcessNotificationsBefore    1
actionAdminAdministrationControllerPostProcessUploadQuotaBefore    1

actionAdminAdminShopParametersMetaControllerPostProcessBefore    1
actionAdminAdvancedParametersPerformanceControllerPostProcessBefore    1
actionAdminAdvancedParametersPerformanceControllerPostProcessCachingBefore    1
actionAdminAdvancedParametersPerformanceControllerPostProcessCombineCompressCacheBefore    1
actionAdminAdvancedParametersPerformanceControllerPostProcessDebugModeBefore    1
actionAdminAdvancedParametersPerformanceControllerPostProcessMediaServersBefore    1
actionAdminAdvancedParametersPerformanceControllerPostProcessOptionalFeaturesBefore    1
actionAdminAdvancedParametersPerformanceControllerPostProcessSmartyBefore    1

actionAdminInternationalGeolocationControllerPostProcessBefore    1
actionAdminInternationalGeolocationControllerPostProcessByIpAddressBefore    1
actionAdminInternationalGeolocationControllerPostProcessOptionsBefore    1
actionAdminInternationalGeolocationControllerPostProcessWhitelistBefore    1
actionAdminInternationalLocalizationControllerPostProcessAdvancedBefore    1
actionAdminInternationalLocalizationControllerPostProcessBefore    1
actionAdminInternationalLocalizationControllerPostProcessConfigurationBefore    1
actionAdminInternationalLocalizationControllerPostProcessLocalUnitsBefore    1

actionAdminShippingPreferencesControllerPostProcessBefore    1
actionAdminShippingPreferencesControllerPostProcessCarrierOptionsBefore    1
actionAdminShippingPreferencesControllerPostProcessHandlingBefore    1
actionAdminShopParametersMetaControllerPostProcessSeoOptionsBefore    1
actionAdminShopParametersMetaControllerPostProcessSetUpUrlsBefore    1
actionAdminShopParametersMetaControllerPostProcessShopUrlsBefore    1

actionAdminShopParametersOrderPreferencesControllerPostProcessBefore    1
actionAdminShopParametersOrderPreferencesControllerPostProcessGeneralBefore    1
actionAdminShopParametersOrderPreferencesControllerPostProcessGiftOptionsBefore    1

diffs.PS1.7.vanilla-vs-migrated.txt