translation not working

ALCA

Thanks for sending my private message. Here is my suggestions:

I tried through Translations but no change. Not working on some other fields too.

Try set 'display_errors' to on in /config/config.inc.php file.
Then try to do the translation at back office again to see if there is any error occurs.

Does the message you are trying to translate listed in the translation tool page?
If it is so, then it must be the language file is not available or not accessible.

And does the language file exist at the location? for example, fr.php, es.php.
/themes/yourstoretheme/lang/

1. "Featured Products" should be belong module "homefeatured" module.
So when you do the translation, you need select "Modules Translation" from the drop down list at translation tool of back office.

2. Please also note that module could in following folders if you have a customized module.
Please check permissions and language files in both folders

Standard version
/modules/homefeatured/

customized version
/themes/modules/homefeatured

3. Please also for each string, there is mod='homefeatured' is specified in homefeatured.tpl like the one below.

<h4 class="homefeaturedh4">{l s='Featured projects' mod='homefeatured'}</h4>

1. yes ihave made many translations and i know.
2. I can find module homefeatured in: /modules/homefeatured/ (not in /themes/prestashop/).
3. The line goes like that:

{l s='Featured products' mod='homefeatured'}

Alca.

it seems the issue out of my imagination and my knowledge.
it is difficult for me to figure the problem without looking at your code and access your environment.
if you could give me back office admin info and FTP access info by PM, maybe I can take a look for you when I got a chance. But I can not guarantee to solve your problem (sorry).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Make a testing on test site with prestashop samples...
1. open translation .. module .. (not change anthing)
2. click [update]
3. re-open translation .. module ..
4. noted fields started in blockmanufacturer, started from "Manufacturers", and all fields in all following modules are cleared.

5. check http err_log

ALERT - configured POST variable limit exceeded - dropped variable 'xxxxxx' (attacker '###.##.my.ip', file '/var/www/ps13sam/admin/index.php'), referer: http://myserver.com/ps13sam/admin/index.php?tab=AdminTranslations&lang=fr&type=modules&token=xxxxxx

the problem is: POST variable limit exceeded

6. google: "POST variable limit exceeded"

Solution on php-5.2 or php-5.3:
vi /etc/php.d/Z98_suhosin.ini
suhosin.request.max_vars 1000
suhosin.post.max_vars 1000

Solution 2: if you couldn't edit the file in /etc/php.d, add following to your hosting config file. But I didn't try this.
[suhosin]
suhosin.request.max_vars = 1000
suhosin.post.max_vars = 1000

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy. I just hit this issue in 1.3.6 of Prestashop and although I have not followed it all the way through, I do understand what appears to be happening.

Within Prestashop translations are handled via generated translation files, each module having its own file. For the "homefeatured" module for example, there is a translation file found in:

modules/homefeatured/en.php (or whatever your default language is)

However, if you use a template you will likely also have a local translation file for your given theme, say:

themes/mytheme/modules/homefeatured/en.php

Something appears to be broken with the way that the theme specific translation files are being generated which causes them to not pick up changes. For example, the master module's translation file will include any strings entered via the back office tool. However, the theme's module translation file will not.

When the theme is parsed, the local file takes precedence and this is why translations are not working.

The workaround is to delete the local theme's module "en.php" file after you update the translation. This will cause the parent module's translation file to be used instead which should be correct.

Not sure if this the fault of the module itself (not all module honour theme settings) or Prestashop but deleting themes/mytheme/modules/homefeatured/en.php fixed the issue for me. You just have to remember to do it after every translation change (which sucks but at least it works).

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

Problem solved here (works on 1.2.5 + 1&1) , just posted about it [french] : http://www.prestasho...on-des-modules/

I had tried to set new high values for variables "suhosin", didn't work, also tried the method by regenerating a new .htaccess and getting the AdminTranslations from the svn server, same result...none worked except the easy solution I tested and simplified, see link above.

Hope it helps.