How to edit shop header

I am digging through forum posts and trying to figure out how to change the header all together and what file I need to target to be able to do something along the lines of ...

http://www.dmclothing.com.au/

or

http://www.ann-secrets.com/prestashop/index.php

I would like to eliminate all them lil links and etc in the header area and relocate them somewhere else...

I am also trying to figure out how to eliminate alot od dead space
between the featured products names and where the actual image shows up seems alot of un-needed space there...

also where would one edit to be able to change the middle area where the main pic is located ?

The header logo is located in the img/ folder called logo.gif or .jpg.

All the blocks you see on the page (links and user account) are all controlled by the global.css file in your theme/css folder.

If you have dead space on your page you need to reduce the margin sizes, these are also in your global.css file.

The big logo and text in the center column is configured in the HomeText Editor Module, which is accessed through your admin area>modules>HomeTextEditor>configure.

It would be a good idea to download firefox and firebug addon, this lets you alter the layout of your page on-the-fly (not permanent) and gives the line numbers of where to make final edits to your global.css file.

• 4 weeks later...

Rafy,

Be aware that although you can transplant a module to say the header, they may be no hook or tpl file - in which case nothing get shown

Go the the modules folder, open the one you are using and check php and tpl files to see if they are designed to work where you want them (looks for the hooks code)

thank you for the response.
i have opened the blockinfos.php in the blockinfos folder and found this:

"
public function install()
   {
         if (!parent::install() OR !$this->registerHook('leftColumn'))
               return false;

Db::getInstance()->Execute('INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'block_cms`(`id_block`, `id_cms`) VALUES
                                                                    ('.intval($this->id).', 1),
                                                                    ('.intval($this->id).', 2),
                                                                    ('.intval($this->id).', 3),
                                                                    ('.intval($this->id).', 4)');

return true;
   }
"

is this what i should be looking for?