Changing category order

In PrestaShop v1.4, you can use arrows just like the products to rearrange categories.

In PrestaShop v1.3 and below, categories are always sorted alphabetically, unless you add a number prefix like this:

01.Category 1
02.Category 2

PrestaShop will use that number to sort the categories, then remove it so that only Category 1 and Category 2 are displayed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

rocky

indeed, but what I realy mis is the option : alphabetically, because I have an enormous categorie tree with subs and subs, this will take hours to arange it, and let's hope there is no new categorie comming or I have the same problem...Is there no way to just say, do it alphabetically?

UPDATE : I think I found a bug. when you have the first tree level and under the first categorie you have other subs, then you must try to click on position...you will go back to the top level....so you can't reposition the subs and sub subs...

greetz

• 2 years later...

Hello Rocky. I tried to give numbers (01.cat01 - 02.cat02) to all the categories, but as soon as i delete the number they go back in alphabetical order. I have to fix for a customer this bug and i really do not know how to do.

Hello Rocky. I tried to give numbers (01.cat01 - 02.cat02) to all the categories, but as soon as i delete the number they go back in alphabetical order. I have to fix for a customer this bug and i really do not know how to do.

hello

what ps version you use? im asking because in 1.5.4.1 you can easily change category position by drag n drop feature:

YfcYMuy.png