Upgrading from 1.6.0.14 to 1.6.1.18

serpeal79

Hi people. I have a shop with prestashop 1.6.0.14 with lots of addons that I've bought since I started (21 addons). I know that the latest stable version of the 1.6.x prestashop line is 1.6.1.18 and so I think I should upgrade to that one, but the thing is that I've never did a prestashop upgrade before and since I have lots of addons I'm afraid that upgrading would be worst than keeping my version. I'm planning to create a local copy and test the upgrade before doing it in the server, but before doing that job I wanted to hear some suggestions from you the community.

I may be worried for something that is not that hard.

What do you suggest me? Do I try the upgrade or Should I keep my version?

Thanks in advance.

your version is old and likely has many issues, including security issues that could allow spam to flow through your contact page and send to a friend module.  There are likely other issues with older modules

I highly suggest upgrading the store every so often to remain current for reasons above

There is no harm in taking a copy of the store and trying the upgrade on the copy.  Make sure you take a  copy of the database too, and then change the test store to use the test database.

You will most likely run into issues with your old modules if they have not been maintained (especially free ones).  And you might also run into issues with your existing theme.