Is it possible to schedule automatic shop and or database remote backups ?

Hello,

Is there a way to perform automatic backups (once a day for example) of database and all or some files/folders to a Amazon S3 bucket or a ftp or some other remote server ?

Thank you !

Prestashop 1.6

Edited by USB83
added prestashop version (see edit history)

Thank you razaro

Their website seems to be down for maintenance right now.
I checked the product's through google cache and it seems to be what i'm looking for.
I'll wait for them to go live again and see if it's the right tool.

The only issue i may have is that i'm using shared hosting and on the module's description they say it "requires high timeout settings" in order to run correctly.

I'm not able to change my hosts's php's server settings so i'll need to verify that.
I had this problem when trying to edit prestashop's installed modules translations.
My server has a max_input_vars of 1000 when prestashop needs more than 4000 to be able to edit translations.

Thank you again razaro and if someone has another method, please let me know.

My suggestion would be the same as razaro to use the Presto Changeo module if you could get it to work -- when I used shared hosting I was able to change php variables so I'd check if that is an option. Running an e-commerce site on shared hosting causes too many issues so I would suggest switching to VPS hosting.

As for other options -- there are multiple options for programs that will sync the files on an FTP site. Just google sync FTP site and pick whatever you are most comfortable with. The database is a little more challenging but I've seen dockers for utilities that will connect to a remote database and create a backup on a schedule. 

Also, in my experience most shared hosting offers backups automatically. It has been a couple of years since I used shared hosting for anything but when I did I used to be able to just restore everything by contacting support.