[SOLVED ] 1.2.5 > 1.3.2 - Customers Bad Sql Query error

Hi all,

Just going through the process of updating a few of my PS sites to 1.3.2. Did one today from 1.2.5 and all is fine (as far as I can tell)

Just done another of them from 1.2.5 and the 1.3.2 install flagged 'one sql error' when upgrading the DB (i guess that is what it was doing)

It wasn't clear from the upgrade screen exactly what the problem was and it let me continue.

The site is fine and works fine apart from the Customers tab in BO.

It just shows an orange warning bar with 'Bad SQL Query' in.

Is there any way of even knowing what the query is, or what is bad about it and how I can fix it?

Thanks

Dan

P.S. I can view a single customer record from an order but just not the big list. Any help greatly appreciated.

Fixed it!

I had a both my old 1.2.5 and new 1.3.2 databases open in phpmyadmin and found that three tables were missing from the list:
ps_connections
ps_connections_page
ps_connections_source

Then - i remembered I had excluded these from the export list in the office due to their size (over 8MB each) and my import file size has a limit on 8MB.

I then exported just those three tables STRUCTURE only and NOT the data and imported them into my 1.3.2 database and all works fine.

I've lost my connection info, but I will bring that across 8MB at a time.

Thanks for your help and hope this helps someone.

All the best

Dan

Just another side note.

I've just completed exporting and importing the final 3 table data (connections x 3)

Was much simpler than I though and now the DB contains all the old connections.

Also found out that exporting from phpmyadmin as csv with 'gzipped' compression really works well > 8MB to 1MB = Happy Days!
(Kinda thinking I should have tried gzip first!)

Dan

• 1 month later...

Hi sgtbash,

I have a question not so much regarding the DB upgrade, but more about those 3 tables (connection tables)... You said you ported those over without any data (just the structures) and you don't have any connection data... have you had any problems with these 3 tables being empty? Any problems with existing customer or order related data?

I want to delete the contents of these tables... I have too many page views and carts, etc. that I want to get rid of, but I can't afford to have it mess up any of my customer or order data. Losing connection data related to orders or customers is ok, and want to start "anew"... but as stated before nothing more in terms of problems or errors.

Have you noticed any issues with these "empty" tables?

Thanks!

Hi Mytheory,

Not really no - all it seemed to do for me was literally remove the connections from under their address details (or above, not got it open right now).

Not done much testing after that as I brought the data in one table at a time

Dan

Thanks for that input...

Now I understand that you eventually brought over your old data into these new tables... I don't know if you remember anything prior to moving over those table data... but when those tables were empty did you notice if new data was being generated for new visitors/customers?

Like erasing the data didn't break it from creating new data (basically starting new), right?

Thanks!