[SOLVED] Unable to get access to admin panel

Hi, I have just installed prestashop at my dedicated server. However I am unable to enter into my administration panel. As the result of changing admin folder name I see only blank page after typing www . mydomain/new_admin_name/. There is no any error information only white page. I can still visit login panel typing www . domainname/new_admin_name/login.php. But after inserting my email address and password I see only blank page instead of back office site. How to get access to admin panel?

You can delete this thread because the problem is solved now.

Hi, I solved it in this way.

1/
To get rid of blank page and see error message, I modified line 4 in /config/config.inc.php from

ini_set('display_errors', 'off') 

to

ini_set('display_errors', 'on'); 

2/
After refreshing my new admin site I saw the following errors:

Warning: require_once(/.../admin/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /.../admin/header.inc.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/.../admin/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /.../admin/header.inc.php on line 21

3/
To refresh cache I added following snippet above 21 line in header.inc.php in my admin folder
echo dirname(__FILE__);

so it looked like this:

echo dirname(__FILE__);
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/init.php');

4/
After refreshing my admin site the following error was displayed to me:

/.../my_new_admin_folder
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /.../my_new_admin_folder/header.inc.php:21) in /.../classes/Tools.php on line 55

5/
I removed previously added
echo dirname(__FILE__);

from header.inc.php in the admin folder.
And now it works. I can enter into my admin page.

6/

I set

ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

to off again.

• 4 weeks later...

This looks like a misconception of the software.
There should at least be a way to delete the cache from the command line, better from the admin back end.
Having to change the source back and forth is a real dirty hack.

• 7 months later...

I have the very same problem. I enter the login details and it reloads the same page again.
The same problem repeats with "Lost Password".
I've deleted all the cookies and tried, to no avail. I've even set display_error to ON in the config file but there are no errors getting displayed.

Will appreciate any help!