[solved] AdminTranslations doesnot work after upgrading to ps1.31 from 1.25

Hi, is there any known bug about this?
1) I upgraded to ps1.3.1 and the translation tools is not working as expected, for instance I have a module translated to Portuguese (br) I save the translation in BO, I get the updated successfully message but in fact nothing is saved. So I restored (uploading by ftp) the translation file of that module, then agaun in BO, if I edit modules translations it brings up the translations I uploaded but when I save them it replaces all of them with blanks and still i got the translation updated successfully message !!!

2) If I try to export a translation in BO , I get weird code shown in my explorer , instead of allowing me to download the zip/gzip file generated
is this a known bug ? is there any workaround?

thanks

Hugh

No, it's not a bug. It's probably a permissions or server issue. Make sure that all your directories have chmod 755 permissions and your files have chmod 644 permissions. If that doesn't work, try increasing the maximum post size on your server. See here.

Hi Rocky
thanks for your help, checked folder and file permissions, they are all 775 and 644, even changed them to 777 but i had the same result, then checked those configurations mentioned in the other posts, changed them as suggested(and restarted apache) but unfortunately with no success , I guest it is another problem
Do you know any source of what would be the optimal Apache configuration( including the compiling options ) for prestashop, we changed our VPS and we have Apache compiled(by the provider) with a lot of options, is there a chance that one of those options might cause these problems ?

regards

Hugh

I thought that too, but that value is high enough to allow the process to end, what is really strange is that it shows the message updated successfully , if that value is low it should end up with an error condition (it happened once, while i was indexing all products, but i increased it and never had an error like that again)
do you know where I could find a mandatory ( perhaps minimal recomended) server conf for prestashop
and if it is not too much to ask, could you take a look at my conf at www.myshop.net/phpinfo.php
I thing i have everything setted up as needed

once again , thanks for your help

thanks for your help, checked folder and file permissions, they are all 775 and 644, even changed them to 777 but i had the same result, then checked those configurations mentioned in the other posts, changed them as suggested(and restarted apache) but unfortunately with no success , I guest it is another problem
Do you know any source of what would be the optimal Apache configuration( including the compiling options ) for prestashop, we changed our VPS and we have Apache compiled(by the provider) with a lot of options, is there a chance that one of those options might cause these problems ?

padana
Enjoy Your Ride