[Solved] Back Office Home Page Disappered after migration to another host

Dear Colleagues,

I am in urgent need of assistance. After successfully migrating from a bad hosting company to a very good one, I discovered that my BackOffice Homepage was not loading as it should. For instnace, the reassuring blue login box was missing and once logged in, the Backoffice is impossible to work with.

I've attached a file below showing the malformed page. I desperately need your assistance as we're due to launch on Monday 10 November. Thank you.

2795_FBMGjnkMhUOp69OHaZHd_t

2796_rtc8O4Zo6dYpM0Z6lmGW_t

2797_P8bz8gMebl0e7v5SBYDL_t

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I have been having a couple of problems getting my Prestashop store ready for live sales.

First, I cannot get the email functions to work by PHP or SMTP.

So, in my journey to try to get the mail 'contact us' form to work, I moved my shop from a sub-folder (/cart) to the domain root directory. This was suggested when I googled the error I was receiving when the mail was returned to my email server.

The front office is showing up and functioning (though the mail errors are still hanging around :roll:), but the back office is currently not showing up at all!

First, I could see the back office, but when I tried to login with my correct username and password, the screen just blinked once, then showed the empty log in fields again.

So...I followed several threads of advice and went through these steps:
1. I requested a new password reset
2. I manually changed the password by generating a MD5 for my password.
3. I deleted all of the cookies in my browser
4. I made sure the COOKIE_KEY and _COOKIE_IV_ were the same as the original files from my backup prior to moving the cart.
5. I changed one of the characters in the COOKIE_KEY and tried resetting the password again. (After trying this, I have changed it back to original)

At this point, the back office URL of www.fancydenim.com/fan9777 does not show up at all. I only get a blank white screen on the browser.

I have tried renaming the folder, reloading it...so far nothing is working.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to get the back office screen back? (Also, if anyone has an answer to the email situation, I am still struggling with that as well). :)

Thank you!

MaryRenee

Dear MaryRenee,

I feel for you! I recently migrated my Prestashop from a bad hosting service to a new company, so I have gone through some or all of the problems you've been through.

My suggestions to you are these:

1/. Back up your mySQL DB using myPHPAdmin using the IMPORT command - pls see this URL for how to do that in case you don't already know http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ifPJzlqq1rQ

2/. Copy (download) your Prestashop installation using FTP and then Upload to your new Webserver, making sure you retain the same heirarchy as per your old webserver. IMPORTANT - During transfer of your Webshop, which I assume was working well prior to moving to another hosting company, is NOT the time to change anything; otherwise you risk introducing further errors and instability to your installation. So, pls IGNORE postings in this forum asking you to make this or that change. Take it from me, during migration is NOT the time to make changes.

3/. EMAIL - The problem you're having with email is in all probability, due to Prestashop have set the timeout for connection to the mail server at 4 seconds. In a lot of cases that would be fine (assuming the webserver and mailserver are on the same machine). You would need to remove the timeout setting (so it uses the default 15 seconds) and the contact form and other Prestashop email notification should start to work. You're probably best using SMTP settings, which I suggest you should obtain from your Hosting provider.

Your Email Solution is provided below, courtesy of a PS [spam-filter] in this Forum called Paul C

(i) Use SMTP Mail settings in the Back Office

(ii) Carry out the following coding change:

In /classes/Mail.php (around line 64) you should find:

$connection->setTimeout(4); 

Try commenting this line out:

//$connection->setTimeout(4);

By "commenting out" the code as above, YOUR Prestashop will use the default timeout of 15 seconds, and it may be enough to get ALL your email functionalities (Lost Password; Mail Form; Email Notifications etc) to come to life.

I trust you'll find above useful.

Rgds

Yemmi

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, It is a little late for this.
I had found a way to fix it.
Suppose your shop database is DB1
1, rebuilt a new database in your Mysql named DB2;
2, Re-install you prestashop use DB2;
3, Go to your PhpMyAdmin, Export DB2--->ps_employee;
4, Backup DB1--->ps_employee, and then drop it.
5, Import ps_employee's sql (that exported from DB2) to DB1.
6, Change your settings.inc.php: Set define('_DB_NAME_', 'DB2') back to define('_DB_NAME_', 'DB1') ;
Loging to backoffice is OK then.
Sorry for my bad English.