url friendly URLs for product links look strange - does this affect seo?

Lory

Hi everybody,

i just noticed something very strange in google analytics. When i go to view the top content by title and then i go to view one particular page then I noticed that there are more than one URL more that page.
For example for the following title: "Sony Ericsson J20i Hazel Passionate Red Mobile Phone Sim free 02 Sim Free Mobile Phones " I have these 3 URL structure:
1. www.foneparadise.com/sim-free-mobile-phones/128-sony-ericsson-j20i-hazel-passionate-red-mobile-phone-sim-free.html
2. www.foneparadise.com/sim-free-mobile-phones/128-sony-ericsson-j20i-hazel-passionate-red-mobile-phone-sim-free-7311271261117.html
3. www.foneparadise.com/sim-free-mobile-phones/128-sony-ericsson-j20i-hazel-passionate-red-mobile-phone-sim-free.html?tduid=113b9c191dc280395f8d795d6ec54aaf

Is this affecting my seo performance? I mean if there are 3 different pages with the same title then is this seen as duplicate content?
Has any of you experienced the same issue? Is there a fix for this?

Thank you for your time and help,
Lory

Thanks Rocky for the reply.

Another thing I've noticed is sometimes some products are not shown with a url friendl but with something like /product?id=
after the domain name. How can I get rid off this? Can someone explain me how this happens?

Thank you,
Lory

my website is www.foneparadise.com. On my website is also showing with url friendly but I've seen in google analytics some of my product pages are show with a product.php?id_product URL and not with a URL friendly. I was thinking that maybe google has indexed some product pages like that. Cause I have turned on the URL friendly one month after my website went live.

You can see in the print screen below how some of my product pages are seen in Google Analytics.

I would like to know why this si happening.

Thanks,
Lory

32149_UYYScfI9CtvdO46ewlgd_t

It seems you've got hardcoded non-friendly URLs in your menu. You should change lines 82-87 of themes/foneparadise/header.tpl from:

<a href="{$base_dir}category.php?id_category=2" title="{l s='Latest mobile phones'}">{l s='Latest mobile phones'}
<a href="{$base_dir}best-sales.php" title="{l s='Top sellers'}">{l s='Top sellers'}
<a href="{$base_dir}prices-drop.php" title="{l s='Special offers'}">{l s='Special offers'}
<a href="{$base_dir}category.php?id_category=4" title="{l s='Limited editions'}">{l s='Limited editions'}
<a href="{$base_dir}category.php?id_category=3" title="{l s='Sim free mobile phones'}">{l s='Sim free mobile phones'}    
<a href="{$base_dir}category.php?id_category=9" title="{l s='Accessories'}">

to:

<a href="{$base_dir}2-latest-mobile-phones" title="{l s='Latest mobile phones'}">{l s='Latest mobile phones'}
<a href="{$base_dir}best-sales.php" title="{l s='Top sellers'}">{l s='Top sellers'}
<a href="{$base_dir}prices-drop.php" title="{l s='Special offers'}">{l s='Special offers'}
<a href="{$base_dir}4-limited-editions-mobile-phones" title="{l s='Limited editions'}">{l s='Limited editions'}
<a href="{$base_dir}3-sim-free-mobile-phones" title="{l s='Sim free mobile phones'}">{l s='Sim free mobile phones'}    
<a href="{$base_dir}9-accessories" title="{l s='Accessories'}">

Tomerg has a url redirect module that will automatically redirect non friendly urls to the friendly version. If you change the product url that would create duplicate content, as search engines will have the old and new url as the same page.

http://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-modules/25-duplicate-url-redirect.html

Also this guide might be useful for you http://www.presto-changeo.com/content/16-duplicate-url-fix