Justhost.com suspended my account while regenerating images

Hi Guys
If you are using www.justhost.com shared hosting pls be aware.

if you do a image regenrate for more than 1000 plus products they will just suspend your account without any prior information on account of high CPU usage.basically they suspended my account yesterday

this is bad but then thats the trade off with www.justhost.com they are cheap but they have very bad terms and conditions

Probably not good for ecommerce sites

can some one suggest me some alternative hosting company where they are little flexible and are cost effective too.

Cheers

they did enable it later but i lost my reputaion customers started asking why it was suspended and i have explain them all something which i never thought i will be ever doing.

and what a nightmare it was while it was suspended state :(

as i didn't take backup recently too..and the guys at justhost.com show big attitude there ,saying if this happens again they will permanently suspend it

I would suggest for anyone running big store with presta don't use justhost.com what you loose in such events you can never gain back

im not anti justhost just feel that they are no good for any decent ecommerce site with good volumes

a 5-6 pages static sites yes they are good some picture album's yes they are good.no limit on space and bandwidth

other than that anything commercial it can be very bad.

but veterans pls suggest me some other good hosting companies ,now i live in fear when next they will shut it off

thanks

Hi, I was also considering JustHost for my store I plan to launch soon as I found them to be voted the best at this who's best hosting poll: http://webmasterformat.com/find-a-host/poll-who-is-the-best-host. Now, your experience makes me think one more time. Some are recommending me to use virtual private server for ecommerce store as I'll have greater control over installing and configuring applications. But VPSs are more expensive. What do you think?

Well i personally feel justhost.com is not good for commercial sites

maybe use it for an online archival or backup copy etc they are that way not bad its really ulimited storage

but surely not for not for ecommerce site using prestashop

i saw few more posts in our forum ,where guys had similar issues with justhost here

today i really felt that what u pay is what u get ..justhost is cheap in all ways cheap price cheap service

i thought maybe prestshp image regenerate has some bug but then

i tested it in my test environment ,did same regenrate of images on my old p4 1.6 G running linux the server load doesnt even crossed 4 ,they send me output for 72% :) probably they have high IO's or some other bottleneck causinng high cpu stats

dont know but now i m as well looking for an alternative,i saw tomer suggested bluehost in one of his post
do let me know if ur able to find a decent host

• 2 months later...

HostGator. Great plans, prices and features with topnotch support. Have 2 different plans with them and been there over a year. Unless something drastic happens, I don't foresee switching anytime in the near (or distant) future.

Wow... I really do need to start checking the dates on posts before replying. Oh well, I'll leave this just in case it does some good for someone down the road.

Sudhir try www.unityfree.com they are the best that i have seen lots of space you can do alot there without a bother from the host. they also have a TOP NOTCH support ticket system they WILL get back to you within 10 min to an hour in most cases you should give them a try. that is where i have my E-Commerce site and i LOVE THEM!!! OH and they have a Guaranteed 99.99% uptime.

• 3 months later...

I can personally say I used WebHostingPad.com cause they are free and worked so well for my non ecommerce sites that they actually STINK when it comes to service and support on a large ecommerce site.

For the third and probably last time they have suspended my site due to excessive CPU, same reason image regeneration upon import. There is no way to turn this off and then do import and generate images later??

So when I broke my upload files into 4 separate files just to make it small enough it was not enough for them.
I am so ticked as I emailed and called them to tell them I was doing the upload and to let me know rather than to suspend if it was too large, they just suspended me.. probably permanently so I have looked at Blue Host per Tomer on here and they are a bit more cost but I will check them out.

any other options anyone can suggest would be great please.