Crawl errors (all website)

Juozas

Hello all,

i have created new directory in my server and put there my prestashop files (in the main directory is another website). Prestashop works fine. It shows friendly URL. I put there more than 150 products, but when i took a look at google webmaster tools, i saw that all of them are not found (screenshot attached). I havent changed .htaccess file.
What i should do else? What i am doing wrong? Why google ignore my website?

I was looking for answer in previous posts, but could not find. People only offer some modules.

31142_N6U1snX9tdWClmLnNCDd_t

Wow that is a pretty serious problem! I am new to the community and this is one of the major areas of concern for me and my slew of websites I am developing. I will say this, make sure that Google has a .htacess file that tells them where those links or pages are man. Umm, I am sure they have a topic or a few threads where someone has edited a .htacess. Then I would just do a Google search to find out how to submit that to Google, so those pages get found and unbanned. If I find out if I run into this problem over the next couple of days, I will post the solution. But I have added this to my paranoid to-do-list. Good luck! :-/

Looks like you are using relative URLs instead of absolute URLs somewhere, which causes the category name to appear twice in the URL when clicking from a category to a product. I'll need a link to your site to help any more.

• 1 month later...

What version of PrestaShop are you using? The weird URLs are caused by a bug in the stats module that was fixed in PrestaShop v1.3.2.

The other URLs seem to be cause because your RSS feed is a relative URL instead of an absolute one. There must be another bug there somewhere.

Firstly, make a backup of your existing files and database in case anything goes wrong. I've attached an archive with just the files that changed between PrestaShop v1.3.2 and PrestaShop v1.3.3. Did you rename your theme to something else or is it still prestashop? I copied my theme to another directory, so I just overwrite all the files, then compare the default PrestaShop v1.3.2 and v1.3.3 files and copy the changes over to my customised theme. If you haven't copied the theme to a separate directory, then you will need to overwrite everything but the themes directory (except for any core files you modified), then compare the default themes and copy the changes into your theme. You must also upload the entire install directory and run the installer, choosing the "Upgrade" option to upgrade your database to PrestaShop v1.3.3.

That's how I upgrade. I'm not sure whether there is any safer way.

PrestaShop v1.3.2-v1.3.3 diff.zip

Firstly, make a backup of your existing files and database in case anything goes wrong. I've attached an archive with just the files that changed between PrestaShop v1.3.2 and PrestaShop v1.3.3. Did you rename your theme to something else or is it still prestashop? I copied my theme to another directory, so I just overwrite all the files, then compare the default PrestaShop v1.3.2 and v1.3.3 files and copy the changes over to my customised theme. If you haven't copied the theme to a separate directory, then you will need to overwrite everything but the themes directory (except for any core files you modified), then compare the default themes and copy the changes into your theme. You must also upload the entire install directory and run the installer, choosing the "Upgrade" option to upgrade your database to PrestaShop v1.3.3.

I followed your instructions. But I find no option like"upgrade" during the installing...
Could you please tell me in which step it is?

You should see something like the screenshot below. Choose the "Update" option under "Installation method". If that option isn't available, it means you are missing the config/settings.inc.php from the previous version of PrestaShop. Make sure it is on your server.

34521_9KqaToFv1cyxh9BzRGPO_t

Hi Rockey,

I am also getting same kind of errors while using google webmaster tool. So can you tell me how to upgrade previous version to newer one? Do I have to copy any files or I will get any option in backend to upgrade?

Please support me.

regards
Vilas

Hi Rocky,
can I use this files to update from version 1.3.1 to 1.3.3?

Thank you.
Lory