csv file image links upload

Susanb

Hi 

Hope someone can help?.

I have a csv file that has image links for each product, I don't want to duplicate all the products because they have already been uploaded previously,  is there a way of just uploading the image links which are on the csv file please?

This is a link to one of the images in the csv file in the image URL Column  

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/adjmedia/mainImage/1226300028.jpg

Many Thanks

Susan

Edited by Susanb
Forget to add link to an image in the csv file (see edit history)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I have quite a few manufacturers and Suppliers and we had a problem last week with one of the csv file uploads so now the images that are links on one of the csv file are not showing up for one of the manufacturers for some reason, when they were before. This is why I was wondering if anyone else had come across this before and whether it is possible to do a bulk upload of just the links to the images so they show up for each of the products that have been uploaded previously.

Sorry if I'm not able to make it clearer I am new to this and just need some help...

I also have a csv file that is updated on a regular basis from the manufacturer which means I will be doing a bulk upload say every week,  do I have to delete the old list of products in the back office first to save duplication on the web site or will they be overwritten when the new upload takes place? 

No you don't need to delete the old products. But you need something - like a reference field - with which you can identify products. And you need to define the template that regulates the import such that it doesn't import the images as Prestashop cannot recognize that it uploaded the same image before.