Stuck during the installation after Database configuration

Hi, hope there's someone can help on the problem. I had just upload the install folder to my webserver. During configuration, everything looks fine. The SYSTEM AND PERMISSION page also every is OK. But when after database configuration and I click NEXT, the page is loading and stop and nothing response.

Can I know I had anything done wrong or configuration wrong? Enclosed screenshot is the system & permission screenshot and the DB screenshot.

Hope someone can help me up.

30686_6ddlEb17x3qiwzLw7ipX_t

30687_OtQjajlhnETYk2zLqO4h_t

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody?

I ran into exactly the same issue. Go to the database screen in the installer, enter all the information, click "Verify Now". The progress bar appears into upper right corner, buttons are disabled. Then minute later or so, the buttons are enabled again and the progress bar disappears. But nothing else. If I click the "Next", same thing. So I can't move forward.

If I put in wrong server name, then it complains that the server name is wrong. Wrong username, database name or password makes no difference. And I know the information is correct, this is a local box and and I can access the prestoshop database I created with the information just fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

This is a 64bit windows 7 machine, PHP 5.3.3 (VC6), Apache 2.2 and MySQL 5.1.51 (64bit).

I'm having the same problem. Can't pass step3. I'm trying to install this on a web server.
I've tried on a local host and it worked. Can't seem to find out whats the problem.

Oh and i've tried version 1.4.0.1 , 1.3.2.3 none worked on the server.

Could anyone help please?

Thank you.

Did find from another post the suggestion to try 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, and that worked at least for me, since I have the DB currently on the same box.

But can't understand why it doesn't work with localhost, or the name of the server. Why only with IPs? It should at least give a proper warning message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am also 'stuck' with the same issue. It doesn't seem like I'm the only one. I have searched through the forums and spent the best part of today trying to get around this. I would really have appreciated some assistance with this. I know it is not a hosting issue and it maybe something quite obvious that I am missing but the problem is that the support for this product just isn't there.

I am an experienced web developer. I have developed many sites for many clients using OsCommerce, Joomla and Word Press. I am looking for a new platform for my e-commerce solutions and would loved to have tried Prestashop.

The software seems clean and modular. The websites that are showcased look fantastic. Unfortunately the support is non-existent and I'll have to look elsewhere. If anyone comes up with a workaround in the future for this issue, please let me know.

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Me too!!! My problem is my database verify's fine but when I hit next it comes up with the following message.

A Prestashop database already exists, please drop it or change the prefix.

I tried changed the prefix from "ps_" which is the default to many different things including leaving it blank but nothing works.

Any help out there?
I emailed prestashop several times........no reply!

Thank you
Brandi

Hi,

why do you use Prestashop 1.2.5 Installer ?!

Edit : Ok, it's an old topic, so questions to BrandiB ;)

Do you want to do an install or an upgrade ? Do you use last version (1.4) ? I just tried your manipulation and it's working in local (using localhost)

sorry......I downloaded the newest version. It's an install for the first time. guess I should have said that! I posted here because I thought this was a simalar problem to mine. I just tried to click next on step 3 system configuration again. It's still giving me the same error.

A Prestashop database already exists, please drop it or change the prefix.

I noticed when reading the install instructions the picture says the same thing.

Is there something I can do to get past this. I really want to use this program!
Thank you
Brandi

41299_d0sFwRHWaeU0EqS44imU_t

Yes, you have to ... drop it or change the prefix !

If you have not a previous version of prestashop, you can drop the database (using phpmyadmin most of time) or delete every table (it can be more simple).

You can also change prefix, using ps2_ (or whatever you want) to create other tables.

Regards,
Michaël

thank you for your response. I guess I just have to realize after 3 days.....I cant use this program. nothing I have tried works...sucky! I just dont get it. I deleted the prefix, I changed it, I reuploaded, redid the database. :(
thank you
Brandi

Thank you for the suggestion it's very much appreciated! I downloaded opera........ :( No luck. same thing is happening. I wonder if it's because i use a mac, or my server provider it tigertech.net

Still looking for some help if anyone has another suggestion I can try. I'm not super computer girl, so if someone can give me a bit of a step by step.

I have built very primative websites with dreamweaver so I know a little, but only in design mode. I dont know how to write code.

Thanx everyone very much!!!!!!!
Brandi

BrandiB, can you confirm you can't go further because it's written "same prefix already exists" ?

I'm going to send you a private message to ask you the url of your website and I will try to install if you agree.

Regards,

I had the same problem

Prestashop 1.4.0.17
PHP Version 6.0.0
Apache/2.2.8 (Win32)
mysql 5
win7

i’ve tried to:

- changed: localhost -> 127.0.0.1 => nothing response & still cannot go next step

- IE, Chrome, FireFox,... => nothing response & still cannot go next step

- changed: mysql password => nothing response & still cannot go next step

- changed: prefix => nothing response & still cannot go next step

I'm sure too it’s NOT written “same prefix already exists”

regards,
Hoavien

Hi BrandiB,

Thanks for your access you gave me.

Your files are corrupted, please remove all files, download again PrestaShop, then upload files again with ftp and that's should solve your problem (I saw the file db_settings_lite.sql is 54ko instead of 63ko)

Also for Hoa, if you have the same problem, do the same :)

Regards,

Regards,
Michaël

to: Hoa Vien

Hi there.....It works....yay!!
What I had to do was use a different ftp program. I used cyberduck. EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTH!

I had no problem and am working on the back office now.

I hope that helps
Brandi

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...