tools/tar/archive_tar.php file missing

GeorgeB

I'm relatively new to prestashop and trying to enable my first shop so that it uses stripe to process customer payments. When installing the Stripe add-on an error message appeared which said the file 'tools/tar/achive_tar.php' is missing. I have used FileZilla to check and this file isn't there, how do I put it back though? I have checked the Prestashop website for old or historical files (I'm using version 1.6.1.6) but have not found any reference to it to download and use, I've no idea what coding the document should contain or what it does.

Hi, and welcome to Prestashop!

I just checked on my Prestashop 1.6.1.17 and the module works fine. So the module is not the problem here. 
Try to update your Prestashop to the latests 1.6.1.18 and see if that does the job.

If it does not, and I guess the error said you are missing 'Archive_Tar.php' and not 'achive_tar.php'. Then you could try this solution: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/339688-solved-failed-opening-required-archive_tarphp/

Let us know what happens!

23 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Best is to copy it from a fresh installation of Prestashop of the same version. I have here an 1.6.1.6 and it does contain the file.

Thanks Musicmaster that's really helpful. I've contacted the hosting company we are using and asked for a copy of the original file as I can't find it from any of my backups so I'm wondering if the file wasn't there from the outset. 

Edited by GeorgeB (see edit history)