why cant i see combinations when order comes through?

You did not enter the attributes correctly, you cannot have more than 1 attribute in a combination (and you probably put all the colors in one combination).

Try using the Combination Generator, it will do it properly for you (the link is at the top of the combination tab in the product editor).

Please do a search in the forum next time, this questions has been asked about 100 times before.

This question has indeed been asked about 100 times on this forum and posted to the bug tracker as well but the problem has never been sorted! I have tried manually generating combinations well as using the combination generator. It makes absolutely no difference. Product size and color show in Paypal but not in Google Checkout. I have an Oscommerce site where GC has worked with no problem for almost four years. Zen Cart & Open cart have no trouble getting attributes in combinations working with GC. I have scoured the web looking for "Prestashop Google Checkout" and have been unable to find one site with working combinations. Do a search on this site for "Google Checkout" if you want to see all the problems with GC. As GC is only available to merchants in the US/UK it not given a whole lot of priority. See if you can buy a "Green" Ipod on a new installation using GC.

It is a matter of adding 1 line into the google checkout module to add the attribute value.

I helped someone with that in the past, and I'm sure many other shop owners had that fix by a programmer or themselves.

I'll look it up when I get home.

You can also see how it's done in paypal and try to do the same (on a test site...)

Change line # 131 in gcheckout.php
From

$googleCart->AddItem(new GoogleItem(utf8_decode($product['name']), utf8_decode($product['description_short']), intval($product['cart_quantity']), Tools::convertPrice($product['price_wt'], $currency)));

To

$googleCart->AddItem(new GoogleItem(utf8_decode($product['name'].($product['attributes'] != ""?" - ".$product['attributes']:"")), utf8_decode($product['description_short']), intval($product['cart_quantity']), Tools::convertPrice($product['price_wt'], $currency)));

Keep a copy of the file before making the change, and test it out.