[SOLVED] - Store not showing AFTER install

Hi.

I have successfully installed the PretaShop store and can access the Admin Panel of the store, but I cannot access the store as a user.

The URL for the store is http://www.gptsolutions.co.uk/pretastore/

The page displays as blank.

Has anyone had this error before, and can anyone help me? I have tried serveral different attempts at installing the program, but to no avail.

Please help, i'm tearing my hair out with it.

After some tweaking I now have a completely different result in my output.

Now the name of the store appears at the top of the page, however there is nothing else other than a blank screen.

I am now going to delete the directory from my server and DROP the tables from the SQL to remove this program, and then start a fresh with a completely new install. Hopefully this may work. I will report any further issues or advancements here.

Now SOLVED

This was an issue with the permissions of the folders. While the permissions were suitable for the installation of the application, they were NOT suitable for the running of the application.
All required folders for installation were set to 777 with Recursive for sub-directories & sub-files and it now works perfectly.

I would appreciated if someone could however, double check to let me know if there are ANY files I should change the permissions to 766 or 755.

You should be using chmod 755 instead of chmod 777 for directories and chmod 644 for files. I use these permissions on all my directories and files and PrestaShop works fine for me. Your server might be configured in a way so that only chmod 777 works. This is insecure, since anyone can write to your files. You should try to find a way to configure your server so PrestaShop works with chmod 755 permissions.

Thanks for the advice.

Almost all directories are now 755 and the files are now 644. However, the tools/smarty/complie directory needs to be at least 775. Is this still secure, and is this a problem with my server or just the way it needs to be??

Thanks again for all your help.

Excellent, thank you very much. The same goes for the IMG folder too as this was giving me an error in the Admin Panel rather than displaying the images. However, when the store is complete, I may change this back to 755 for the folders and 644 for the files to simply run the store.

Many thanks Rocky. :)