Default currency, being overridden but a cookie or something after using Paypal

Im hoping someone can help me.

The installation is fine except a few thing the currency block does not show for me at all, but thats not the issue

I have created a currency and all works great even the conversion to USD for the paypal checkout, but when the site returns from paypal the default currency changes to $ and i cant change it back i have to go delete my currency and re-enter it manually.

nothing works i can try numerous things in the back end but still it shows only $ can anyone please help

to recap

I create a new currency ZAR symbol R
I set ZAR as Default
Front end shows ZAR
I update the currency rate Front end works fine
in currency restrictions i set paypalto USD as the payment currency
front end still works fine

i add product; go to checkout still fine, go through to paypal and the ZAR is converted to USD as it should
navigate back and everything on the front page is NOW in $
back page still shows ZAR as default currency the only fix i found is to delete ZAR and re enter it

thanks

ok to confirm if i clear cache and delete cookies it reverts back to the default currency. Also to narrow it down even more its only paypal i try with money bookers it works fine returns to the correct state.

With paypal it returns $ i can close the browser down reopen it it shows $ not my preferred R and it has converted the amount to $ so either the issue is with the Paypal module or with the core converter in the currency tab all the other payment methods dont require a conversion, paypal needs the conversion.

Hi wondering if anybody can help i have done some testing and this is what i find

when im browsing the shop there is no cookie being created , as soon as i log in there is a cookie which is created it looks like a 17 day cookie i cant read the contents but here goes

m10BxpG3BZ8=7nFqIMSOzO8=tAo8k60lI5A=KPaq6LpQsRM=yqVKsXmEVv0=w3zwZo/RdLI=oWeXn7xM/00=k6cQFjOyJoU=QgCbWFcEMos=7oo1Y/S+GBc=ebnysux1m4o=U8Z7A/JCdWA=aLHRMd5iNoQ=rFMWlWNe/dc=N0y1mnw5DPE=t1y+Qh1Jk7M=I0qyuV8jhCg=i7u1kIYEyCk=/8Vedeksqo4=wmRXowrofzk=VfhXea/Yg+g=clSAofp9gyk=HEWCEHy+88o=MsNUfKltGEQ=uvemfEC7VEU=/KpdQeSAmOk=IUehaeD4iPg=t+YncAKQTpc=AfDyVbBBamQ=Euzwv1vJLa8=DrVjuk66xn4=zrk2N4QmVuY=VBcUTxCpJNQ=TOdnn+klo18=MTW168Yauxc=NfdCWSKW9lw=lNMlCplr4Gc=E2St0Nks5ck=s6ExZluZDpA=

now everything is fine at this point i go to paypal after making payment i return to the site everything is now in $ as stated above but the cookie changes its almost exactly the same as above but new data gets appended

m10BxpG3BZ8=7nFqIMSOzO8=tAo8k60lI5A=KPaq6LpQsRM=yqVKsXmEVv0=w3zwZo/RdLI=nJpaGf+p4us=k6cQFjOyJoU=QgCbWFcEMos=7oo1Y/S+GBc=ebnysux1m4o=U8Z7A/JCdWA=aLHRMd5iNoQ=rFMWlWNe/dc=N0y1mnw5DPE=t1y+Qh1Jk7M=I0qyuV8jhCg=i7u1kIYEyCk=/8Vedeksqo4=wmRXowrofzk=VfhXea/Yg+g=clSAofp9gyk=HEWCEHy+88o=MsNUfKltGEQ=uvemfEC7VEU=/KpdQeSAmOk=IUehaeD4iPg=t+YncAKQTpc=AfDyVbBBamQ=Euzwv1vJLa8=DrVjuk66xn4=zrk2N4QmVuY=VBcUTxCpJNQ=TOdnn+klo18=MTW168Yauxc=NfdCWSKW9lw=lNMlCplr4Gc=Np0o5SQ0qwo=hJ7bOcHb6Mk=JGi8j/ieCQw=DQDtjX6dG/8=

so while this cookie exists its overriding my default settings if i delete it everything is normal, except maybe you logged out or something

my questing is can we find this code that is appending the cookie in the pay pal module and delete that code or something its really bad that it overrides every setting i have.

thanks

Thank you all i can see that Prestashop is obviously not ready for production shops if one cannot get something simple sorted out ion over a week, i don't mind paying for a solution and we have several paid shops but this one may look great but its a white elephant to me.

To the developers and contributors id say this is a great looking shop, i thought id try it out first before we paid for customisation but i must say its been a disappointment, we have had to make many small changes where links don't work and other minor things. this error is obviously something bigger than what i know about my field is dot.net.

Thanks all but you can delete this thread.

Thanks

• 2 months later...