There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address! - where to change this text

Using version 1.3.1

I want to change "There is no carrier available that will deliver to this address!" to - Please contact us for shipping options. But after perusing many forum articles have drawn a blank.

And a second question. I'd like to offer free shipping above a certain value or weight within the UK. I don't want to offer this globally as the cost would be prohibitive, but as far as I can tell setting these options in Prestashop applies it globally. Am I right? And its therefore only an option if you only ship nationally or only ship lightweight items which are relatively inexpensive to ship globally.

Thanks in advance.

You can change that test from the prestashop translation page (Tools->Translations->Front Office-> click your flag).

For the free shipping, you will need to modify your code a bit to restrict it for UK only.

What version of PS are you using? NM, I saw it....

On /classes/Cart.php there's a function the calculates the shipping cost (around line 700 ).
The part that calculates free shipping is

if ($orderTotalwithDiscounts >= floatval($free_fees_price) AND floatval($free_fees_price) > 0)
           return $shipping_cost;
       if (isset($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_WEIGHT']) AND $this->getTotalWeight() >= floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_WEIGHT']) AND floatval($configuration['PS_SHIPPING_FREE_WEIGHT']) > 0)
           return $shipping_cost;

You will need to add a condition that checks the shipping address, and only apply the free shipping if it is to the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Please post only one question by topic.
Topic moved.

Thanks for pointing out my violation of the rules. In the absence of any obvious punishment I have chastised myself.

A suggestion: when you move a topic, a link to where the topic has been moved would be helpful. Also a mention of which of the two topics was moved. I've searched for the moved topic and haven't been able to find it, which was complicated by not knowing which of the two topics was moved or what either of the topics might have been called.

There is only ONE topic, this one.
I only moved it to the good forum's section. :)

Still don't follow you as I thought the problem was that I'd introduced 2 topics in one post, but now there's only one topic. But not to worry, I'll content myself with being happy that it got moved to the good forum rather than the bad forum.