Show available quantity to a specific group?

mytheory.

Hi all,

How would I disable the available quantity display for all groups except for 1 group?

We want to set it up so that group X can see the available qty for all the products when they log in, but for all other groups this stock qty number should not be visible.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Rocky,

I have a similar question I hope you can help with. I want to display available quantity on the product list page. I copied some code from the product.tpl and inserted into the product-list.tpl but it always display 0 in stead of actual quantiy as displayed in the corresponding product page. Do you know why?

Code inserted into the product list page.

<!-- number of item in stock -->

quantity == 0)} style="display:none;"{/if}>
{$product->quantity|intval}
quantity > 1} style="display:none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxt">{l s='item in stock'}
quantity < 2} style="display:none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxtMultiple">{l s='items in stock'}

Thanks in advance for your help

http://1top.co.uk

login: [email protected]
password: demo123

Hi,

This is what I did... I'm not sure if it will fix your problem, but it works perfectly on our site... so hopefully you find it helpful.

Here's my copy of the same block of code:

{if ($product.quantity > 0) || ($product.allow_oosp)}
                           {if $trade}
{$product.quantity|intval}
 1} style="display:none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxt">{l s='item'}
{l s='items'}
                           {/if}
                       {/if}

Also, since I was trying to only show this information to a certain group I applied the code changes from the link from rocky's above post. So within the above code you should see the {if $trade} tag in the above code... if you made the changes from rocky's other post then leave this, otherwise you can take this if statement and it's closing tag out if you want to make this information visible to everybody.

HTH!

can you post a copy of our product-list.tpl file?

I recently had a similar problem, not exactly with this but with reference numbers (ithink), anyhow, it ended up being a problem with an if statement from somewhere near the beginning of the tpl file. Something was preventing it from calling something to output the right information.

Here is the full code of product-list

>
{if isset($products)}

<!-- Products list -->

</pre>
<ul>
   {foreach from=$products item=product name=products}

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0)}{l s='Available'}{else}{l s='Out of stock'}{/if}
<!--{if $product.new == 1}{l s='New'}{/if} -->{$product.name|truncate:43:'...'|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}" alt="{$product.legend|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />

{$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:200:'...'}

{if $product.on_sale}
{l s='On sale!'}
               {elseif ($product.reduction_price != 0 || $product.reduction_percent != 0) && ($product.reduction_from == $product.reduction_to OR ($smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d' <= $product.reduction_to && $smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d' >= $product.reduction_from))}
{l s='Price lowered!'}
               {/if}

{if $logged} 

<!-- availability  shan added -->

quantity == 0 && !$product->available_later) || (!$product->available_now && $display_qties != 1) } style="display:none;"{/if}>
{l s='Availability:'}
quantity == 0} class="warning-inline"{/if}>
                   {if $product->quantity == 0}{if $allow_oosp}{$product->available_later}{else}{l s='Out of stock'}{/if}{else}{$product->available_now}{/if}

{if ($product.quantity > 0) || ($product.allow_oosp)}

{$product.quantity|intval}
 1} style="display:none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxt">{l s='item'}
{l s='items'}

{/if}

<!-- price qty add to cart view  -->
               {if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='+Tx'}{/if}{/if}
               {if $priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='-Tx'}{/if}{/if}

{l s='View'}

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}
{l s='Qty:'}   
                 <input type="text" name="ajax_qty_to_add_to_cart[{$product.id_product|intval}]" id="quantity_wanted_{$product.id_product|intval}" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="2" maxlength="4" /> 
{l s='Add'}{else}
{l s='Add'}
               {/if}

{else}
Login to see price
{/if} 

{/foreach}
</ul>
<br>   <!-- /Products list --><br>{/if}<br><br