Module already installed message

David S Johnston

Hi,

I was trying to install a module, eicaptcha, a free module to enable recaptcha. On one of my sites it went fine, but for some reason Prestashop 'forgot' the configuration. So I went back to check and it is available, but not installed. So I tried to reinstall it, and Prestashop says that the module is allready installed. Fine, I deleted it from the server using the back office, uploaded again, and tried to reinstall. But the message is again: Module already installed.

Does anybody know how to delete the module? is there a reference in the  database somewhere? if so what do I do to definitively delete the module so I can re-install?

regards,

dave.

Thanks for your response DataKick,

But uninstall was not an option, I had two choices, Install and delete.

Install tells me : ' This module is already installed: eicaptcha.'

I had this same issue last week, I purchased a module to connect with Authorize.NET, and it showed the same behaviour. But the Support guys from Presteo-Changeo, from whom I bought the module,  got it working for me. They say that there could be something in the database that was not correct.

Is this a regular occurrance in Prestashop?

B.t.w, forgot to mention: 1.6.1.5

Regards,

dave.

That is strange indeed. It really sounds like there's something wrong with your system.

At the moment I can offer you only following solutions (hopefully it will work):

1) open module list and find your module

2) right click mouse on install button, and select copy link url

copy.png.4ee0b0c406327c9130ad0ace20da1160.png

3) paste the copied link to url bar, and replace 'install' with 'uninstall', and hit enter

link.thumb.png.f4da1552cdc5105c72ed7bfd811057f7.png

That should trigger uninstall process...