Contact form always leaves Order ID blank

ingenium13

Using the stock default-bootstrap theme on Prestashop 1.6.1.18, when a logged in customer sends a message via the contact form and selects an order from the dropdown, it does not populate it in the email that's sent. It always says "Order ID: -". I had the same problem on Prestashop 1.6.0. Is there a way to figure out what's causing this or to fix it?

Also, these emails to me always have my shop name as the from address, whereas on 1.6.0 it used the shop email address but filled it in the name with the customer's name. This was useful to lookup their order or at least address them by name when responding. With the current setup, I have no way of knowing the customer's name without looking up their email address in the Customers section of the backoffice. Is there a way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Using the customers email address as the FROM address is defective and had to be changed.  The reason is because your customers email address is not allowed to send email through your mail software.  And if your mail server did allow it, then you have a very poorly configured mail server and you likely have malicious users sending spam through your mail server

So sending email from your store should always use a FROM address that is from your stores domain.  If you want the customers name to appear in the email itself, then you should look into customizing the email template

As for the Order ID, I just reviewed the emails I receive from customer messages, and the Order Reference appears properly in my emails.  Perhaps you did a PS upgrade, and that upgrade did not properly update the email templates?  Or maybe you have an override or customization or module that is interfering