Problem with installation

Firstly I am th novices novice, when it comes to websites. However, have just down loaded PS for testing and installed it on my synology server (running PHPv. 5.2.12, Apache/2.2.13 and Mysql 5.1.34). The install completed fine and i can see the front store 9and navigate it it perfectly). only when i try to access the back office, (having changed the "admin foldername" it says resolving host and then a blank page. i have tried changing the name back to admin, which creates the notification that I must change the name which when done i get to log in, and again a blank page. Any ideas what i may be doing wrong? thanks very much.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have cleared all three browers that I have been using (Chrome, FF, IE). Unfortunately still the same result, Front Office perfect, back office connects to the server etc, but just a blank page. Any other suggestions very welcome.

Have just got it working. Can't say exactly what the solution was but did two things, so it could have been either. The first thing I did was turn on error reporting in the config/config.inc file (although I can't see why this would make any difference). I then also restarted / logged in again phpadmin, and bingo the back office page sprang to life. I suspect this was the issue, although not sure why. Hope this helps some one.