PRESTASHOP only can install under root?

Rod

PRESTASHOP only can install under root?

I use the 1.1, version, I find I can't visit my site with below message:

Invalid loadConfiguration() SQL query!

Can anyone help?

I also want to check if Prestashop only can be installed under root? 

THANKS

Hi Rod

it is nice to hear you still running 1.1 version of PrestaShop, that must be what 9-10 years ? :)

In general PrestaShop can be installed in sub folder too, though I am not sure for 1.1.

If your shop was running fine all those years and you now see that error it could be your hosting 

upgraded MySQL of PHP version and 1.1 can not handle that.

41 minutes ago, razaro said:

Hi Rod

it is nice to hear you still running 1.1 version of PrestaShop, that must be what 9-10 years ? :)

In general PrestaShop can be installed in sub folder too, though I am not sure for 1.1.

If your shop was running fine all those years and you now see that error it could be your hosting 

upgraded MySQL of PHP version and 1.1 can not handle that.

Thank you Razaro,

Yes I use version 1.1.0.5 for about 8-9 years. It works fine but from June 2017, I can't not login front page, but I can login back office, can you please help why?

Also I download 1 click upgarde module, but it don't work.

Need help.

Thanks,

Rod

Sorry to hear you have issues from last June, but it could be a time for an upgrade.

Can you check in your hosting panel what PHP and MySQL version is used. 

Maybe you can see that in back office too from Tools > Configuration, maybe something similar in 1.1.

For upgrade module, that will not work until maybe on 1.3 or 1.4,  so upgrading must be done manually 1.1 to 1.2,

then 1.2 to 1.3, ... 1.4 

Well as razaro has stated older Versions need to be updated manually. It's nice that you're running such an old Software but to be honest i would be thinking of upgrading because you'll be running into even more issues in the future with such an old Version.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)