Can't Unhook Reviews Module

stoo_s

I'm having trouble unhooking a reviews module from the payment display on products pages and wondered if anyone can help. If you look at the attached image you will see that the review stars and 'Write a Review' are appearing underneath the paypal button, but it isn't associated with any of the hooks for the reviews module. I've tried removing every hook and it just remains. I have no idea why it is there but it only appeared after i installed the most recent update for the module. Can anyone help me banish it?

Thanks,

Stuart

Review Problems.png

On 1/11/2018 at 8:34 PM, olkuznw said:

Hi, it looks like this is the "ProductComments" module and it was updated by someone, try to check this hook "displayRightColumnProduct" hook.

Thanks for the reply olkuznw but it's actually a paid for module called 'Advanced Reviews' (can be found here) and the "displayRightColumnProduct" hook is actually the one below the main product description. I've tried unhooking all of the hooks and it's still there. Any other ideas?

On 1/12/2018 at 2:49 AM, Vince said:

You need to go to admin => Modules & Services => Positions, then select the module as in this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/hza15d

Then you will know which hook your module were hooked. And remove.. of course :).

Hope this help!

Thanks for the response and advice Vince but it's really not that simple. I've tried unhooking all of the positions but it remains in the same place. I don't know why it is being hooked there and the module developer isn't replying to messages.

On 1/13/2018 at 9:02 PM, stoo_s said:

Thanks for the response and advice Vince but it's really not that simple. I've tried unhooking all of the positions but it remains in the same place. I don't know why it is being hooked there and the module developer isn't replying to messages.

So I think someone fixed it in the template. it should be easy if you know a bit of code. If not please pm me. Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've managed to sort it by deleting and reinstalling the module and then unhooking one of the hooks that did nothing on the previous installation. Not ideal, and I've lost a number of reviews as a result, but a least it's sorted now!