Currency based on country of visitor

DJ_Ironic

Hello,

I need to do one "simple" thing. I need to switch currency based on visitors country. I read a lot about it on this forum and I am confused.

I read really long and pretty old thread and there where a lot of answers. I tried them including the default currency for country and language switch module disbled...and nothing works. So I want to ask you...how to do it now on prestashop 1.6.1.5 (only version working with our template). As I said, I tried things from the post...what should be 1.6 archive.

Now the language will switch automatically based on your browser language, but I want currency to do it too.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi Daresh,

thank you for your answer.

Do you have "Set language from browser" and "Set default country from browser language" enabled? And do you have "Currency block" addon enabled?

Because that's my actual setup + these two steps you send me and it does not work.

But thanks again.

Hmm..that´s interesting.

I just tested it with user-agent set to PL.  I got your site in Polish, but still with euro currency.

But when I access with Polish proxy. I will get the site with PLN, so it works. Can you please test my site olimpex.eu  from Poland? I set Poland as a country with € as a default currency. Maybe my testing method is just wrong and it works just fine.

Thank you

Edited by DJ_Ironic
removed site printscree (see edit history)

OK, My eshop working just fine now. You just need to have both IP and browser lang from selected country. And thanks Daresh. That what you should get.

4 hours ago, creative7 said:

Hi, having a similar issue. I have a EU store that defaults to euros for the EU and GBP for the UK. The currency stays as GBP until checkout and then reverts back to euros. Any help greatly appreciated, driving me mad!!

Do you have geopIP file installed? If you want, I can test your site from czech IP and browser. What I know is that...the cookies for language and currency is interesting...sometimes it ignores even private mode in browsers.

• 5 years later...