[Solved] Changing Web Host

Hi there - wondering if someone would be kind enough to give me some help, as this is really frustrating me!

I've just changed from a (quite basic) web host to an actual decent one, and this is causing me some issues. I've followed other forum threads about changing and I've uploaded all of my files into the correct directory (previously it was at "/" but this latest one is "/public_html/") and I can view some images such as /img/loadingAnimation.gif fine so I know the files are there.

The issue I have is loading any pages - such as index.php. The other threads mentioned going into the settings.inc and altering the details - but having done this and reloading index.php, all I'm seeing is a blank page and when I view source there is literally nothing there.

Here's my current settings.inc:

<?php
define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/public_html/');
define('_THEME_NAME_', 'prestashop');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'example');
define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');
define('_DB_TYPE_', 'MySQL');

define('_DB_USER_', 'examplename');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'examplepw');

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', '1t94fviKsBDXxAF2TZUQL98mnDnnRV6hYSUXZEVf7AImX1R2obRCwJsO');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', '1WfiiVCJ');
define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.2.5.0');
?>

(obviously I've excluded the actual names of the database, username and password for security reasons - but hopefully you'll get the point)

Can anyone see anything blindly obviously wrong with this or happen to have any other ideas as to how I could solve this... as it's really really frustrating!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi rocky,

Thanks for that.. that seemed to do the trick... as I now see the maintence page as my index.php and can also view images stored further in.. for example within the /img/ folder.

The problem I now have is acccessing my admin_access folder... i know the directory can be found as there is a .htpassword in there that asks me for the password - putting proceeding that - i get the following:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas why this may be? Is there an additional config file within the admin folder that needs to be changed aswell? It's really confusing me - and there's nothing I can find within the error log! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Lee

Hi rocky and eltitos,

Thanks very much for your input.. for some reason I was convincing myself it can't have been the .htaccess and .htpassword files but on closer inspection the .htaccess link to the directory needed to be changed to reflect the new host - so all is sorted and I can now log in again! :)

Thanks again, much appreciated!!

Apparently there's one other issue I seem to be having after changing servers... none of the Ajax modules are working (checkout, search, carousel etc) I can't see any options within the Admin panel that suggests anything re-activating Ajax - and ideas?

Thanks in advance