Reliability and stability of prestashop?

A few days ago I found PrestaShop through my domain provider and it looked like a good solution for my new webshop.
Installed it, played around a bit in a test environment and decided to go ahead with PrestaShop.

So for the past two days I built up a new shop and all was working smoothly so far, I'm using version 1.3 - but today I experienced a lot of problems. First the shop wouldn't load, both front and back end would either not load at all or take ages to load. Then at times I got various error messages, always related to DB.... I haven't changed any code, went with the default installation. Added some categories, products, information etc.

At the moment both front and back end work normally, but then at times I get error messages although I haven't changed anything.

So my big question is, is it worth it to go ahead and continue working on the shop or not? I am running a online business for over 10 years now and can't afford downtime or error messages instead of a running shop.
Is it a known PrestaShop stability issue?

Every time I have "problems" with my site, it's because my host is doing an upgrade, or one of the other sites on my shared hosting are hugging the CPU and slowing / crashing the server.

It really depends on your host, but my point is, I have not had any issues related to Preatshop which brought the site down (without me messing up with some files and creating errors myself ;)

• 3 months later...

OK thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it. And I think I know what was the cause... I put a watermark on the product images and as I understand it takes a while to apply this to all of the images, that might been the reason why it was really sluggish.