Displaying Group name of logged customer on blockuserinfo (1.6.1.7)

phaaze

Hello, 

we are using the 1.6.1.7v, and searching on the whole forum about displaying the group name after the name of the customer, but we have't found a solution or a module to do that.

We are using the transformer theme, I tried to add a smarty string to : blockuserinfo.php on the root module folder because there were no php files on theme/module/blockuserinfo folder.

I added:

'group' => new Group($this->context->customer->id_default_group),

Then I tried to delete the {$cookie->customer_lastname} on blockuserinfo.tpl and nav.tpl on the root blockuserinfo folder and on the nav.tpl on the theme/module/blockuserinfo but nothing happened, it still display the lastname on the userinfo block, so I need to understand were the magic happens.

The idea was to add a string to blockuserinfo.tpl

from this:

{if $logged}
<div class="header_user_info">
    <a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}</span></a>
</div>
{/if}
    {if $logged}
        <a class="logout" href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")|escape:'html'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}">{l s='Sign out' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
    {else}
        <a class="login" href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Log in to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}">{l s='Sign in' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
    {/if}
</div>

to this:

{if $logged}
    <a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}</span></a>
</div>

<p><span>{$cookie->customer_group}</span></p>

</div>
{/if}
    {if $logged}
        <a class="logout" href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")|escape:'html'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}">{l s='Sign out' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
    {else}
        <a class="login" href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Log in to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}">{l s='Sign in' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
    {/if}
</div>

Edited by phaaze (see edit history)

A customer can be in more than one group, so you need to decide what to do or show when that happens

as for doing it, I would suggest altering the module so that you obtain the groups the customer belongs to and their names.  Then create a string inside that module code that you want to show in the UI.  Then place that string inside a new smarty variable.  Then change your module template to use that new smarty variable.