Javascript on Product Page

brad-w

Hey everyone, I made a custom skin for my shop and it works great. I then installed a fresh version of Prestashop on a new server, copied the skin over and it works great as well except for three problems...

1) Product Page - module for scrolling through products in the same category doesn't scroll (JS problem?)
2) Product Page - module for shopping cart displays collapsed mode (I removed the option for users to expand and collapse the cart, it should just stay expanded... [EDIT: This only happens on the product information pages, all other pages on the entire website display expanded mode]
3) My custom B2B "Cash on Delivery" module gives me an error saying this page does not exist after I agree to the terms of service. I don't know if this is a problem at all but the URL on the error page has an extra / on it. (IE. products//modules/cashondelivery/validation.php )

Do you have any insight as to why taking a full site and copying it to a new server would cause errors like these? Is there a cache I need to rebuild or anything? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the modules but it didn't work. Let me know if there is anything I've over looked.

Thanks a lot,

Brad

Further to this post, I've discovered a possible source of the error but I'm not sure how to fix it.

On line 327 of product.js it says "Uncaught TypeError: Object# has no method 'serialScroll'

This error does not occur on the other version of the website, even though the files are the same. I'm not sure if this will fix the problem but I figure it's definitely worth a shot. Can anyone help out?

Hey everyone, I made a custom skin for my shop and it works great. I then installed a fresh version of Prestashop on a new server, copied the skin over and it works great as well except for three problems...

1) Product Page - module for scrolling through products in the same category doesn't scroll (JS problem?)
2) Product Page - module for shopping cart displays collapsed mode (I removed the option for users to expand and collapse the cart, it should just stay expanded... [EDIT: This only happens on the product information pages, all other pages on the entire website display expanded mode]
3) My custom B2B "Cash on Delivery" module gives me an error saying this page does not exist after I agree to the terms of service. I don't know if this is a problem at all but the URL on the error page has an extra / on it. (IE. products//modules/cashondelivery/validation.php )

Do you have any insight as to why taking a full site and copying it to a new server would cause errors like these? Is there a cache I need to rebuild or anything? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the modules but it didn't work. Let me know if there is anything I've over looked.

Thanks a lot,

Brad

I too installed a new version of prestashop 1.3 and now the products in same category javascript no longer works, on my clients website. This was working just fine, with the previous version of prestashop. Is this a bug? How can we fix this issue?
thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Gatix,

I just had a look at your shop with Firefox and Firebug. I can see there is a JavaScript error in js/product.js line 282. The variable 'taxRate' is not defined. I can see in your product.tpl that you have commented the line with taxRate and jqZoomEnabled. I suggest you change the taxRate line to:

var taxRate = {$product->tax_rate|floatval};

/Kjeld

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...