When clear cache in BO, lose layout setting

Dan1

PS 1.7.2.4. Every time I clear the cache in back office: Advanced Parameters - Performance - Clear Cache, my shop loses the layout setting: Design - Theme & Logo - Choose Layout - Index - Two Columns. The home page goes back to being single column. Is this normal behavior?

I tried to trace your problem, but can't confirm the behavior you described. Made an upgrade from 1.7.2.2. to 1.7.2.4, cleared the cache. All settings remain. Made some changes on theme settings, saved. New settings apply. Cleared the cache several times. New settings still the same. No loose or change of design after cache clearance.

Or you are usinga a non native theme, or your server cache is having wrong behavior.

php-version in use is ?

Theme in use is ?

I think Dan1 means the advanced layout settings of the theme. For example if you change the default full width setting of the product page (or index page) to a two column setting this will be lost after clearing the cache.

To prevent losing those settings download app/cache/prod/themes/yourthemename/shop1.json (or app/cache/dev/themes/yourthemename/shop1.json) and save this file before clearing the cache. When the cache has been cleared the folder yourthemename/shop1.json will be deleted. Upload your saved version and your settings are back again.

Hope this will be easier in future versions of PS1.7 ;-)

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Yes, I know what he mean and tried this out. Cannot trace any problem with this, because I'm using different php-versions. It could be an server configuration error on cache level (apache+ngnix not interacting correctly), or on the php-version in use.

@Dan1 when you report on forge, please also name the exact server configuration you are running.

I had the same issue (php 7) and found the solution in the documentation of my theme provider so it seems to happen more than once.

Quote:

2. One thing you need to do after choosing layouts for pages.

Back up the \app\cache\prod\themes\themename\shop1.json file or the \app\cache\dev\themes\themename\shop1.json file after you choosing "Full width" or "Two columns, small left column" or "Two columns, small right column" for your pages, because of you may loose your settings afeter clearing the Smarty cache.

• 1 month later...

I had same problem and i have solved. I dont know if this fix is for all user or not, i hope yes.

After speak with my theme provider, he said me edit theme.yml is the provisional fix.

My problem was that i need/want all layouts in full width and when clear cache some goes to two columns, three columns...

What i do (easy and fast):

First of all save layout.

Go to themes/your theme/config/theme.yml

In my case i search for "layout-left-column" to change for "layout-full-width" in this part:

theme_settings:
  default_layout: layout-full-width
  layouts:
    category: layout-full-width
    best-sales: layout-full-width
    new-products: layout-full-width
    prices-drop: layout-full-width

Sorry my english, hope this help 

This bug is reported:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-3222

Edited by tali656 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 3