[solved] custom PDF generator - error in BO

Dear developers,

I have an issues which I cannot resolve. I have created a custom PDF generator. This works fine in front end but in back office it's generating sometimes an error. So, it's preventing me from accessing some of the BO sites with error message: Exception in Container.php line 117: Cannot build a `htmltemplatecustompdf`.

My custom PDF has followed a tutorial and it's important to mention that I stored it in modules folder, although I have not installed it as a module (based on tutorial). After I figured out the error in BO I have tried to install it with basic install information (indicated by date 22.10.2017) but I cannot install. Error here is: modue first needs to be installed, ModuleManager.php line 566. Just to mention here: if I set the install parameters parent::__construct(), PDF generator starts to fail with error in front office asking for constructor of parent (parent is HTMLTemplate).

It's not a must that my custom PDF generator is installed but I wasn't sure if it's a must, if stored in modules folder. Maybe I'm also wrong with setting this file to modules folder although tutorial says so. I have set $this->need_instance = 0 in this regard. My 'modul' doesn't have subfolders etc. as I'm using one PHP file and TPL files only.

I would appreciate some help.

Kind regards,

PR

PS: code was deleted from forum but can be requested for free. Just didn't like to have personal code online. X PR

Edited by Kunsthelden (see edit history)