New products not showing title in backoffice (1.7.2.2)

saxtouri

Hi,

whenever I add a product, its name doesn't apear in the backoffice product listing. When I click on the product page, the name is there, but when listing the products, it's replaced by "N/A".

This happens ONLY with new products and with ALL new products. Old products apear fine in the listing.

Stavros Sachtouris

P.S.: My front office is in Greek, but my backoffice is in English. I don't know if that has to do with anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm suffering from this issue also. I think there should be a separation between front-page languages and back-office languages.

In my case, the operators of the store want to use English, but the end-users of the store use Hebrew.

It makes more sense, I think, to display the products' titles in their front-page language. This way you can filter products by their names...

Is there a workaround for this that I missed? Other than updating the DB tables manually...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Languages/localizations is hard to understand, but useful. I had lots of things messed up because of it, but If I keep an eye in naming everything in all languages everything's fine. Ultimately if you don't have many locations make sure you only use those, makes life easyer.

• 3 months later...
On 3/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, vedrana said:

Languages/localizations is hard to understand, but useful. I had lots of things messed up because of it, but If I keep an eye in naming everything in all languages everything's fine. Ultimately if you don't have many locations make sure you only use those, makes life easyer.

Vedrana , how and where do you name everything in all languages? find it -it is the box in the right part of the name of product title, there you have to write the name in the all leanguage that you have instaled.

Edited by Varadi (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In my case I happened as follows:

I had installed the Spanish language for Spain and Spanish for Mexico, through this note I realized that even if I loaded the product for Mexico the title did not appear.

So I activated Spain and I noticed that it was saved there.
I tried to eliminate the language of Spain and the system did not allow it, indicating that it was in use.

So I went to my profile and noticed that it was defined in the Spanish-Spain language by default. I switched to Spanish Mexico, and that way it let me load products in this language by displaying the name correctly and I was able to delete the language linked to Spain.

----

En mi caso porcedí de la siguiente manera:

Tenía instalado el idioma Español para España y Español para México, a través de esta nota me dí cuenta que aunque cargara el producto para México el título no aparecía. Así que activé España y noté que ahi si se guardaba.
Intenté eliminar el idioma de España y el sistema no me lo permitía, indicándome que estaba en uso.

Así que me fuí a mi perfil y noté que estaba definido en el idioma Español- España por defecto. 
me cambié a Español México, y de esa forma me dejó cargar productos en este idioma desplegando correctamente el nombre y pude eliminar el idioma vinculado a España. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, ronasser said:

the problem mentioned continues? Did not prestashop solve the bug? Do we need a homemade solution? this is absurd don't you think?

This is the last straw for me.

I've "lost" over 3 pages of products and simply cannot risk loosing sales because of this bug. I've decided to migrate to another platform. This is beyond absurd that many users have reported this issue and yet nothing is done.

The bug fix by user Saeed did not help nor did the solution proposed by Luis.

Edited by erfa
added line (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

It looks like the solution by saeed_sb works for me. My version 1.7.6.4. I would prefer though a bug fix from the official prestashop upgrades.

@saeed_sb, could you let us know when your module runs the sql script that is included in your code? Everytime the user saves the product? Does it affect just the saved product?

On 12/28/2020 at 10:30 PM, airjohn said:

It looks like the solution by saeed_sb works for me. My version 1.7.6.4. I would prefer though a bug fix from the official prestashop upgrades.

@saeed_sb, could you let us know when your module runs the sql script that is included in your code? Everytime the user saves the product? Does it affect just the saved product?

Hi airjohn,

Sorry for my late reply.

In two situation SQL Script is run:
1. When install the module (update all product's name)
2. After add/update each product (specific product)