Determine ID of payment used in order

No, un

LOL. Sorry I think I deleted the method name  by mistake

$order_payment = OrderPayment::getByOrderId($id_order);

Unfortunately not :(

Array ( [0] => OrderPayment Object ( [order_reference] => IXLSJUSDA [id_currency] => 1 [amount] => 10.32 [payment_method] => Bankoverførsel [conversion_rate] => 1.000000 [transaction_id] => [card_number] => [card_brand] => [card_expiration] => [card_holder] => [date_add] => 2017-07-21 22:40:56 [id] => 5 [id_lang:protected] => [id_shop:protected] => [id_shop_list] => [get_shop_from_context:protected] => 1 [table:protected] => order_payment [identifier:protected] => id_order_payment [fieldsRequired:protected] => Array ( [0] => id_currency [1] => amount ) [fieldsSize:protected] => Array ( [order_reference] => 9 [transaction_id] => 254 [card_number] => 254 [card_brand] => 254 [card_expiration] => 254 [card_holder] => 254 ) [fieldsValidate:protected] => Array ( [order_reference] => isAnything [id_currency] => isUnsignedId [amount] => isNegativePrice [payment_method] => isGenericName [conversion_rate] => isFloat [transaction_id] => isAnything [card_number] => isAnything [card_brand] => isAnything [card_expiration] => isAnything [card_holder] => isAnything [date_add] => isDate ) [fieldsRequiredLang:protected] => Array ( ) [fieldsSizeLang:protected] => Array ( ) [fieldsValidateLang:protected] => Array ( ) [tables:protected] => Array ( ) [webserviceParameters:protected] => Array ( ) [image_dir:protected] => [image_format:protected] => jpg [def:protected] => Array ( [table] => order_payment [primary] => id_order_payment [fields] => Array ( [order_reference] => Array ( [type] => 3 [validate] => isAnything => 9 ) [id_currency] => Array ( [type] => 1 [validate] => isUnsignedId [required] => 1 ) [amount] => Array ( [type] => 4 [validate] => isNegativePrice [required] => 1 ) [payment_method] => Array ( [type] => 3 [validate] => isGenericName ) [conversion_rate] => Array ( [type] => 4 [validate] => isFloat ) [transaction_id] => Array ( [type] => 3 [validate] => isAnything => 254 ) [card_number] => Array ( [type] => 3 [validate] => isAnything => 254 ) [card_brand] => Array ( [type] => 3 [validate] => isAnything => 254 ) [card_expiration] => Array ( [type] => 3 [validate] => isAnything => 254 ) [card_holder] => Array ( [type] => 3 [validate] => isAnything => 254 ) [date_add] => Array ( [type] => 5 [validate] => isDate ) ) [classname] => OrderPayment ) [update_fields:protected] => [force_id] => ) ) 1

I don't see the ID mentioned in there (should be 3)

The only numer 3 I see is related to some creditcard information.

Are you looking for payments from `ps_order_payment` table ?
I see there is an `id_order_paymentdot.gif` fields as primary key.

From OrderPayment.php file here are the methods. I think

$order_payment->id_order_payment;

will return the payment id. Never tested, but I think you're closer..

/**

* Get the detailed payment of an order
* @deprecated 1.5.3.0
* @param int $id_order
* @return array
*/
public static function getByOrderId($id_order)
{
Tools::displayAsDeprecated();
$order = new Order($id_order);
return OrderPayment::getByOrderReference($order->reference);
}
/**
* Get the detailed payment of an order
* @param int $order_reference
* @return array
* @since 1.5.0.13
*/
public static function getByOrderReference($order_reference)
{
return ObjectModel::hydrateCollection(
'OrderPayment',
Db::getInstance()->executeS(
'SELECT *
             FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'order_payment`
             WHERE `order_reference` = \''.pSQL($order_reference).'\''
)
);
}

I need to get the ID of the payment type used in the order, but I can only find the translated name for the payment.

$order = new Order($params['id_order']);
$payment = $order->payment;

Do any of you guys know how to get the ID?

Can you better explain what the "ID of a payment type" is?  Are you referring to a Transaction ID?

What payment module are you using?  Who is the payment provider? 

Can you better explain what the "ID of a payment type" is?  Are you referring to a Transaction ID?

What payment module are you using?  Who is the payment provider? 

Yes.

I want to match the used payment option in the order with that returned from PaymentModule::getInstalledPaymentModules()

Example:

A customer pays by bankwire (ID 3), then I need some way to get that specific ID from the order, to match it up against some actions based on settings for PaymentModule::getInstalledPaymentModules()

I'm writing a module that hooks into hookPostUpdateOrderStatus, to do different actions regarding to accounting, as putting values in a ledger.

But I need to differentiate the account number in the ledger to match the used payment option.

Hope that makes sense :)

Based on your latest code you're trying to find what order was made with what payment module? If that's the case

$paymentModules = PaymentModule::getInstalledPaymentModules();
$order_module = $order->module // will return the payment module eg. ps_checkpayment , ps_wirepayment
foreach ($paymentModules as $pM)
{
     if ( $pM["id_module"] == $order_module ) {
     //Do something
     break;
     }
}

Is this what you're looking for?

Based on your latest code you're trying to find what order was made with what payment module? If that's the case

$paymentModules = PaymentModule::getInstalledPaymentModules();
$order_module = $order->module // will return the payment module eg. ps_checkpayment , ps_wirepayment
foreach ($paymentModules as $pM)
{
     if ( $pM["id_module"] == $order_module ) {
     //Do something
     break;
     }
}

Is this what you're looking for?

Not quite as this will return the translated name of the module - hence the wish for the ID and not the name.

Not quite as this will return the translated name of the module - hence the wish for the ID and not the name.

Sorry - I stand corrected, it actually seems to return the module name, and not the localized (translated) name.

I'll try and Work with this, as it might do the work.