Registration Error help

rogue0104

heres the thing guys....during registration to the eshop i got this error

you can try to register and see heres the shop www . korektor . org

ContextErrorException in PrestaShopTranslatorTrait.php line 57: Warning: vsprintf(): Too few arguments
  1. in PrestaShopTranslatorTrait.php line 57
  2. at ErrorHandler->handleError('2', 'vsprintf(): Too few arguments', '/data/web/virtuals/168714/virtual/www/domains/korektor.org/src/PrestaShopBundle/Translation/PrestaShopTranslatorTrait.php', '57', array('id' => 'The %1$s field is too long (%2$d chars max).', 'parameters' => array('email', '128'), 'domain' => 'ShopNotificationsError', 'locale' => null, 'translated' => '%1$s (%2$s) pole je príliš dlhé (maximálne %3$d znakov)'))
  3. at vsprintf('%1$s (%2$s) pole je príliš dlhé (maximálne %3$d znakov)', array('email', '128')) in PrestaShopTranslatorTrait.php line 57
  4. at TranslatorComponent->trans('The %1$s field is too long (%2$d chars max).', array('email', '128'), 'ShopNotificationsError') in CustomerForm.php line 159
  5. at CustomerFormCore->getEmailMaxLengthViolationMessage() in CustomerForm.php line 133
  6. at CustomerFormCore->validateFieldsLengths() in CustomerForm.php line 125
  7. at CustomerFormCore->validate() in CustomerForm.php line 183
  8. at CustomerFormCore->submit() in AuthController.php line 62
  9. at AuthControllerCore->initContent() in Controller.php line 205
  10. at ControllerCore->run() in Dispatcher.php line 379
  11. at DispatcherCore->dispatch() in index.php line 28

if you suspect the translation is a problem, then you will need to look at the translated value you have for the following string.

The original string is this...

The %1$s field is too long (%2$d chars max).

However your translated string is this...

1$s (%2$s) pole je príliš dlhé (maximálne %3$d znakov)', array('email', '128'))

A few things I see wrong

1. You have 1$s where the original has %1$s

2. You have %2$s where the original has %2$d

3. You have %3$d where the original string does not

if you suspect the translation is a problem, then you will need to look at the translated value you have for the following string.

The original string is this...

The %1$s field is too long (%2$d chars max).

However your translated string is this...

1$s (%2$s) pole je príliš dlhé (maximálne %3$d znakov)', array('email', '128'))

A few things I see wrong

1. You have 1$s where the original has %1$s

2. You have %2$s where the original has %2$d

3. You have %3$d where the original string does not

well, could u navigate me where should i look for the string, which file?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I couldn't afford to do fresh installation so I changed the translation and got rid of this error in Prestashop 1.7.2.3.

You can find the translation under International -> Translation -> Administration (Slovak language) -> just type "is too long" to the search bar and it should point you to right sections.

I also changed the .xlf files because I couldn't proceed after this, however that was related to other issue. In case you're interested in those, they are AdminCatalogNotification.sk-SK.xlf, AdminNotiofocationsError.sk-SK.xlf, ShopNotificationsError.sk-SK.xlf.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...
On 11/6/2017 at 7:12 PM, japutko said:

Hi,

I couldn't afford to do fresh installation so I changed the translation and got rid of this error in Prestashop 1.7.2.3.

You can find the translation under International -> Translation -> Administration (Slovak language) -> just type "is too long" to the search bar and it should point you to right sections.

I also changed the .xlf files because I couldn't proceed after this, however that was related to other issue. In case you're interested in those, they are AdminCatalogNotification.sk-SK.xlf, AdminNotiofocationsError.sk-SK.xlf, ShopNotificationsError.sk-SK.xlf.

Cheers.

I have the same error, when customer make order without registration - can you tell what you change in xlf files and in translation saction? 

• 2 years later...
On 11/26/2018 at 10:10 AM, Emadostore said:

I have the same error, when customer make order without registration - can you tell what you change in xlf files and in translation saction? 

I observed this issue with a new install of prestashop_1.7.8.0.zip. Fix required a translation update that ended up in database table ps_translation as (7,1,'The %1$s field is too long (%2$d chars max).','Pole %1$s je príliš dlhé (maximálne %2$d znakov)','ShopNotificationsError',NULL)

Will need to familiarize myself with the package and this platform to find the problematic xlf file and to submit a bug report with a diff.