Submitting Themes

I welcome alot of peoples hard work in submitting a free theme. However, going through the list, there are hundreds of themes based on the standard template, with minor changes to the background or colours etc.

I understand this is a big achievement for most, but not really changing much in the nature.

As far as I can see, there are only a handful of people who have truly mastered the theme modifications (D.G Craft as prime candidate).

Is it possible to have a folder for themes based on the standard theme, and another area for more dramatic changes please?

I am looking to modify the standard template, so that it doesn't look like a typical template (by which I mean, similar in design to Prestashop, OsCommerce, CubeCart etc etc)

It would really help, in filtering the 'standard' look vs totally radical layout

Thanks.

Can we at least make a rule to distinguish 'standard' modified template by adding something like a prefix of "STD" in the forum title?

e.g

"STD: New theme COFFEE-BEAN for 1.1.3"

Thanks.

The most usefull is to put info in the title of the post, and screenshots of the theme:

[THEME -DP] ELEGANTE - 2C - 1.1/1.3 - PSD

DP= default prestashop based
2C: 2 columns
1.1/1.3: versions that include
PSD: include psd sources

Something like this can be a rule

• 2 weeks later...