[SOLVED] How can I edit the word "address" from address field

Hi guys, 

I'm trying several ways to edit the word "Adress" and "Adress (Line 2)" from the Registation fields but no sucess until now. How can I edit these words from the fields? I hope you can help me. 

Attached I send a printscreen from what words I want to modify. 

Best Regards. 

Edited by Ricardo1195 (see edit history)

Hi Ricardo 1195!

Go to your Back Office and select Localization Translations and select Translation of Installed Modules and select your Theme as well as Language, and then click Change. Now you are in the translations, and look up the line you want to change or translate.

Best regards

MacRoy

Hi Ricardo 1195!

Go to your Back Office and select Localization Translations and select Translation of Installed Modules and select your Theme as well as Language, and then click Change. Now you are in the translations, and look up the line you want to change or translate.

Best regards

MacRoy

Hi MacRoy, thank you for your reply. I already try that but not works, I search every field with the word "Address" and try to translate but not works, I don't know why. I clean the cache of Prestashop and of the browser and stays... I don't know how to solve this, I really need to edit that field. I go to Localization -> Translations -> Translation of Installed Modules, I can found fields with "Address" and edit, nothing happens. It's really strange...

EDIT: Finally I can found what is wrong. I have to go to Localization -> Translations -> Front-Office Translation - choose my theme and language and then found the "Adresses" column, inside have one field with "Adress" word, I can change and works. Problem solved! Thanks for the help.

Edited by Ricardo1195 (see edit history)

Hi MacRoy, thank you for your reply. I already try that but not works, I search every field with the word "Address" and try to translate but not works, I don't know why. I clean the cache of Prestashop and of the browser and stays... I don't know how to solve this, I really need to edit that field. I go to Localization -> Translations -> Translation of Installed Modules, I can found fields with "Address" and edit, nothing happens. It's really strange...

EDIT: Finally I can found what is wrong. I have to go to Localization -> Translations -> Front-Office Translation - choose my theme and language and then found the "Adresses" column, inside have one field with "Adress" word, I can change and works. Problem solved! Thanks for the help.

Hi Ricardo 1195.

I'm glad to hear that!

Best regards
MacRoy

• 10 months later...

Hi, in addition to this post, how can you edit the address, address2 field for Prestashop 1.7? I cannot find it in ' localization - translations' . In PS 1.6 you had option to change ' field names', but not in PS 1.7. So, does anybody now where and how to translate this, or change those field names?

If it should be done in specific files, does anyone now which ones?

Best regards,
Patrick

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, veldepatrick said:

Hi, in addition to this post, how can you edit the address, address2 field for Prestashop 1.7? I cannot find it in ' localization - translations' . In PS 1.6 you had option to change ' field names', but not in PS 1.7. So, does anybody now where and how to translate this, or change those field names?

If it should be done in specific files, does anyone now which ones?

Best regards,
Patrick

On 2/22/2019 at 4:59 AM, davenir said:

Did anyone ever find how to to change these address labels in 1.7? I'm going in circles for hours.

I second this, need solution please, specifically for the field "State" which does not translate correctly to spanish language...

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Anyone find how to do this is 1.7.4?

I want to change "Address (Complement)" and "Zip/Postalcode".

I've looked everywhere, and have tried changing the values in classes/form/customeraddressformatter.php to no avail.

Tired of this software.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, Rizzzle said:

Hi,

Anyone find how to do this is 1.7.4?

I want to change "Address (Complement)" and "Zip/Postalcode".

I've looked everywhere, and have tried changing the values in classes/form/customeraddressformatter.php to no avail.

Tired of this software.

Try looking in the Back office > translations > classic template for the language you are trying to translate.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For some reason front office translation is not shown in the dropdown in Localization menu.

So I selected backoffice translation from dropdown, selected my language and clicked go.

Once I am on the page, I edited the url in the browser: replace back with front, and hit enter

Then I get all the front office translations, including address labels like VAT number, Address complement, etc.

I hope this helps someone.

All the best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/28/2020 at 8:27 AM, hamsn said:

For some reason front office translation is not shown in the dropdown in Localization menu.

So I selected backoffice translation from dropdown, selected my language and clicked go.

Once I am on the page, I edited the url in the browser: replace back with front, and hit enter

Then I get all the front office translations, including address labels like VAT number, Address complement, etc.

All the best.

That was tricky. Thanks, man!

On 4/28/2020 at 2:27 PM, hamsn said:

All the best.

Wow, that's a nice trick, thanks man, great help! 

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just for replay:

The solution is to translate the address- and/or registration fields in the classic theme and NOT in your own theme (if you use a third party Template) !

go to:

International -> translation -> Template

choose classic theme

choose your language

now you can search the wanted address or registration field and translate it how you need it.