[SOLVED] no module listed in Admin Modules

Hi,
1-Ater completing the installation of the last Prestashop version, no module is displayed when I click on the module tab.
Only the "Positions" link is displayed
The same problem occurs when I click on the Payment tab.
In a previous installation on the same server, such problems did not occur.
So, I wonder what could have been wrong in my installation.

2- In addition, when I add an image in a previous product or in a new product, every image is created and put on the server (home, small, large,..) apart from the thickbox image.
If I add manually the thickbox image in the img - p directory, then the image is properly displayed in the thicbox.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Than you in advance.

Patrick

1. There must be a PHP error in one of the modules you installed. Edit config/config.inc.php and temporarily change 'display_errors' from 'off' to 'on' to get an error message on the Modules tab that should tell you which modules is causing the problem.

2. I suggest that you check that the thickbox size exists on the Preferences > Images tab. If it doesn't, create it. If it does, edit it and make sure that "Products" is ticked.

Hi,

I thank you very much for your prompt reply.

1- I did follow your recommendation.
So, now I am getting the following error messages :

When admin is in English :
Modules tab :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 58368 bytes) in /var/www/vhost/biomidi-shop.com/home/html/classes/Module.php(323) : eval()'d code on line 104
Payment tab :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /var/www/vhost/biomidi-shop.com/home/html/classes/Module.php(323) : eval()'d code on line 19

When admin is in French :
Modules tab :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 107 bytes) in /var/www/vhost/biomidi-shop.com/home/html/classes/Module.php on line 467
Paiement tab :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 105 bytes) in /var/www/vhost/biomidi-shop.com/home/html/classes/Module.php on line 467

As my site is on a mutual server, can I make the recommended amendments ?

I also wonder whether there might be a bug in the Prestashop version. The one I installed is the last stable one : v.1.3.1
But as reported in the here after post, there were recently some similar bugs in recent versions : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/54671/mise_a_jour_de_prestashop/1_dot_3_rc_5_a_1_dot_3_rc6_bug_de_mise_a_jour

In addition, about one week ago, I made a previous installation on the same server. And (when admin was in English) the Modules and Payment tab allow the display of the full related content.

2- Thickbox does exist on the Preferences > Images tab. When editing, “Products” is ticked.
When I try to add an image, I am now getting the following error message :
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1440001 bytes) in /var/www/vhost/biomidi-shop.com/home/html/images.inc.php on line 158
All the images are created apart from the thickbox one.
If I regenerate the thumbnails, the thickbox image is created and put on the server.

3- Some features of my server are as follows :
PHP Version 5.1.6
memory_limit 8M

Once again, I thank you in advance for any assistance or suggestion in this matter.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

All of your problems are caused by having too little memory. One of your modules requires more than 8M of memory to function and resizing the thickbox size requires more than 8M of memory to work. You should increase your memory_limit until the error messages disappear.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

As my site is on a mutual server, I think that I have unfortunately no way to make the amendments.

Ad mentioned earlier, I had no problem with an installation made one week ago on the same server.
On the here after post, it seems that some recent Prestashop versions were affected by the same bugs : nothing in the Modules and Payment tabs:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/54671/mise_a_jour_de_prestashop/1_dot_3_rc_5_a_1_dot_3_rc6_bug_de_mise_a_jour

What do you think ?

Thank you in advance again,

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Hi,

Following to my request, my host provider increased the memory from 8M to 16M and now everything works fine.

Thank you again for the usefull advice.

Patrick

Unfortunately, I faced same issue and no model display at admin module section, I have followed above advise and increased my hosting memory even 128MB, but i did not help me, Problem remaining there , i can see any module and installe model section as well, however when i click the Module Position , then i can see those models in my store.

Please help! where is the exact error?

Thank you

Abdu