Instead of product page/send to "contact us" page?

I'm not aware of any way to do this without modifying code. I suggest that you change line 2 of modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.tpl from:

<a href="{$node.link|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" {if $node.id == $currentCategoryId}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}

to:

<a href="{if $node.id == 2}{$content_dir}contact-form.php{else}{$node.link|escape:html:'UTF-8'}{/if}" {if $node.id == $currentCategoryId}class="selected"{/if} title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}">{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}

This code will change category 2 so that it links to the contact form. Change 2 to the ID of the category you want to redirect to the contact form.

I added the code to line 2 of blockcategories.tpl and had no luck. Although my version of the file doesn't have the code in the original filea: {$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'} in it... The category works as usual.

Do I need to modify anything else? Or another thought was, maybe my custom theme (that uses modified javascript in the theme directory)

Am I missing something?

Thanks Rocky!