Link between Order Statuses and Payments

perarg

Hello, please make this clear to me.

My prestashop installation 1.6.1.12 didn't have predefined order statuses. This is not a problem at all. I create mine.

How can i connect a payment to an order status ?

The only way i found is going to sql database and change the value of PS_OS_xxx to the order status id i want...

Is it really the only way to do it ? What about a non expert user or a shop owner and not a developer ?

My prestashop installation 1.6.1.12 didn't have predefined order statuses. This is not a problem at all. I create mine.

Why is this?  Every clean install of PS has about 14 pre-defined order statuses.  Did you intentionally remove them?

Most payment modules will use order status id 2 (aka payment accepted) when creating a new order, or order status id 8 (aka payment error) if the payment failed.

So if you have removed the default order statuses, that was probably not the best choice.  There are likely many places in the core of prestashop as well as themes and modules that will have assumed the existence of the pre-defined order status

I really don't know why i didn't have the pre-defined statuses. I think that if they have installed by Presta and then i deleted them, then the new ones should have id above 14... But i create mines with id of 1,2,3... This is just a thought.

However it is sound not very flexible or better say customisable enough to me, having pre-defined statuses that cannot be connected manually with payments... No ?

they can be connected manually, you would have to edit the payment modules that you use, and alter them to use your custom order statuses. 

if the pre-defined order statuses were not created, I would consider that a failed installation.  Who knows what else has failed...