How can I set disabled user by default

zipi_sam

I am configuring a store with the default theme of prestashop updated to version 1.7.1.2 and I need only registered users could see the prices of the catalog because it is a site of sale only to professionals, so the new user registrations have them Which validate before the seller. Disabled by default

So rummaging around I found several sites that indicated that modifying the file authcontroller.php and changing:

$ Customer-> active = 1;
to
$ Customer-> active = 0;

What happens is that these indications are from old posts for prestashop 1.5 and I do not know if they have changed the structure of the file authcontroller because I do not find these lines in my file, so I do not know if they are in another part or have to add them to the lines Of existing code.

Thanks a lot.

PrestaShop 1.5x should be same. New users are signed up via /controllers/front/AuthController.php.

As long as you have modified $customer->active = 1 ==>  $customer->active = 0, then it should be fine.

note - there are 2 places have above line in the same file, so please make sure you have changed all of them.