Move paypal chechkout button

biumbria

Hello everybody, i would want to change the position of the rapid checkout button of paypal as you can see in the attached image, it is easy to do it with the google inspection tool but i dont know then what file i have to modify for obtain the same thing permanently, i hope you can tell me how to do 

thank you in advance 

Antonio

My website is

www.umbriacato.it

post-1367574-0-15164000-1496510008_thumb.png

I think it is a HOOK from a module - not sure which module you are using.

You may be able to check at back office Modules - Positions tab to find out where the module is hooked to.  You may need to know the name of module.

It depends on where to want to change the "button", it  might be not easy to change - since it is a hook.

It is better to ask the developer of the module for help.

• Like 1

Hello thank you for the answer, however, it is the official paypal module for prestashop i dont think it is possible to change the position of that btton thorugh the back office; in what file can i find the position of the various objects on cart/quick order page?

As I mentioned previous, the button is from a hook of the module. so the file would be inside the module. 

In order to change the position, you may have to use different hook.

From the code of rendered HTML, I can see it is using "HOOK_SHOPPING_CART_EXTRA" currently.

You can find the hook position is in following theme file

/themes/YourThemeFolder/shopping-cart.tpl 

Edited by shokinro (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you very much,i have the same problem with amazon login, i want to change its position from home page. I see, with chrome inspection tool, that the hooker of amazon buttomn is inside the Header, bu if I open the header.tpl I cannot find anything, do you know how can I solve this? Or better what file I have to open to find it.

Thank you

See attached file

hooker.pdf

Edited by biumbria (see edit history)

I think the hook of Amazon login is from other module you installed, it is not from your theme or PrestasShop core.

So you have to find it in the module that enabled Amazon log in - you can ask the module developer about related theme file of the button.

PrestaShop provide a lot of hooks(positions) for modules to hook elements.

You need to find what hook position you want to hook and then you can change the module from hook to the new position.

You may also be able to do that in Modules - Positions tab by editing the hook.

Ok, the hook is in the displaynav.tpl, below you can find the code within this file:

<div id="amazonLogin" class="amazonLoginWr" {if $button_hidden}style="display:none;"{/if}></div>

now i have to change something in the code or i have to rename the file? sorry i am new with prestashop

On the amazon module configuration they say:

If you want to put the button in the position that you prefer use this:

<div id="" class="amazonLoginWr"></div>

But remember to use a unique value for attribute id

But i dont know how to do this, i mean, i have to open for example the header tpl and insert this code there?