Hosting

Aeol

I'm losing my mind here.  I have a hostgator business shared account, paying about $500 for.  I recently had a DSS scan done for credit card processing and found 33 vulnerabilities.  PCI says it is on Hostgator & that my SSL isn't valid, Hostgator is saying the scan is wrong & that my SSL is fine.  So I'm having to pay an additional $25 a month to my CC processor because Hostgator has the appearance of a TON of unupdated server software & no SSL.  Sitelock also informed me that the service I have with them won't work, regardless of what hostgator says.  So, that is another $25 blown.

Does anyone know of a decent, inexpensive, host?  Bluehost used to be awesome, and then they outsourced everything.  Hostgator is apparently doing the same thing as I get different answers constantly.  I'd prefer a small host with a person I can actually talk to on the phone.

I'm losing my mind here.  I have a hostgator business shared account, paying about $500 for.  I recently had a DSS scan done for credit card processing and found 33 vulnerabilities.  PCI says it is on Hostgator & that my SSL isn't valid, Hostgator is saying the scan is wrong & that my SSL is fine.  So I'm having to pay an additional $25 a month to my CC processor because Hostgator has the appearance of a TON of unupdated server software & no SSL.  Sitelock also informed me that the service I have with them won't work, regardless of what hostgator says.  So, that is another $25 blown.

Does anyone know of a decent, inexpensive, host?  Bluehost used to be awesome, and then they outsourced everything.  Hostgator is apparently doing the same thing as I get different answers constantly.  I'd prefer a small host with a person I can actually talk to on the phone.

Do you know hostgator and bluehost are belong to same company Endurance International Group (EIG) also many other hosting name you  hear or used belong to the same group you can check its partial list of 83 hosting brand here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group.

This is exactly not mean that they all are crap ;)  just for the info.

Suggesting a third party hosting service is very hard. We use amazon web services for our website but using them required some technical knowledge so you ll need some one to manage your server but i am sure the cost ll be less than 500 bucks you were spending on.