Prestashop 1.6.1.6 Installation Failure Error 500 on hastgator

Ed__03

I am trying to install Prestashop 1.6.1.6 on my HostGator hosting which had PHP 5.6. But when i try to start the installation by going to www.mysitename/install i am getting Error 500. What could be the problem? 

there could be different causes of 500 server internal error.

It could be your server itself, it also could be something from PrestaShop.

You may try to set _PS_DEV_MODE_ to true in file /config/defines.inc.php to see if there is any further error to indicate where it is from.

Now I read some article saying its because of permissions. My files have 0666 and i changed to 0644 and i managed to install the Prestashop, but the site is loading very slow. The dashboard is worse. I dont know what is the problm now

I checked the error logs in cpanel it showed this /public_html/index.php" is writeable by group.. So i googled about this and they said its a permission problem. So i changed my files who had 0666 to 0644 but i ddnt change all.

So after that i managed to run Prestashop . But the problem is the site is loading very very slow, worse the dashboard sometime its not opening at all. So im thinking maybe there are files I ddnt change permissions.

Are the files supposed to have 0699 or 0644? And if its 0644 hw can i change all the files at once?

PrestaShop recommended permission is as following

Folders: 755

Files: 644

But it may related to your server or platform configuration - the actually user/group used for the web application.

You may also consult with technical support of your hosting service if are you sure it is permission related issue.