[SOLVED]From Test to PROD: link problems

Hi,

Summary COPY TEST TO PRODUCTION:
1. copy your test folder to the production folder
2. file config/settings.inc.php manually or 'PS folder' in tab preferences: change the test directory into the production directory. If your production directory is in the root, just put one '/'
3. Check whether the entries in your .htaccess file start with “/ps_test/”. If they do, you’ll need to go to Tools > Generators > Generate .htaccess file or manually.

I copied the test environement to have a production version. The link of production works and when I click a link, it works fine.
However, when I click a second time, it doesn't matter which link, it jumps back to my test site!!

What to do now?

I cleared the cache of my browser but I still have the same problem.

best regards
Tonny

of course,

while sleeping I thought of something else. What if I deactivate the testsite by the preference menu. Strange result, then my production site and test site got the message that there is maintenance being done.

www.discbelgiumshop.com (everything is in the root of the domain)

After 2 clicks the paths will go to www.discbelgiumshop.com/ps_test/prestashop/ , my test site

I just copied my test site to the root and changed the path in the config file

26143_R8AJJ7ertCd4DxPvI0h1_t

You may need to regenerate your .htaccess file. Check whether the entries in your .htaccess file start with "/ps_test/". If they do, you'll need to go to Tools > Generators > Generate .htaccess file, or manually change them from "/ps_test/" to "/".

• 1 month later...