Where to set admin email address for new order notifications

arcascomputing

I've been going round in circles for a couple of hours now trying to find the answer to what I would have thought was a simple question.

Where do I set/configure the email address(es) to which new order notifications should go - so for site admins rather than customers?

Been testing and I get the order emails on the client's side but nothing comes through to admins.

Oh, you need to install an extra module to receive admin notifications or orders?

Have done so now - I did actually come across this one but the description in the modules listing made me think it was for customer notifications instead as all it said was :

This module allows you to send e-mail notifications to customers and receive notifications regarding stock and order modifications ...

There's no mention in the description (even when you click to read the full detail) about anything regarding admin notifications?

Thanks for the info, however.

• 1 month later...

I installed this, added the email account (under merchant notifications) that I want the notifications of new orders to go to, and I am still not getting any emails when orders are placed, please advise.

I installed this, added the email account (under merchant notifications) that I want the notifications of new orders to go to, and I am still not getting any emails when orders are placed, please advise.

I had exactly the same issue as you - placing new orders and all emails getting sent as expected *except* the admin notifications. After much hair-pulling I finally found the cause f of the issue - there was an override in my theme for the html version of the notification email but not for the txt version and this, apparently, made Prestashop freak out enough to stop either emails going.  I simply copied the "txt" version of the notification from the module into my theme's folder and hey presto(shop) it started working again.

Check the module's directory using FTP and see if there is an error log in there and give that a check to see if that's identifying any issues. Also try setting the module to only send HTML or only send TXT versions (for testing purposes only) and see if that helps.

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, NemoPS said:

You might need to get it from prestashop addons for 1.7.6

Thanks Nemo.

I have downloaded all versions until prestashop_1.7.5.0 and still no luck. 

I cant understand why such a simple and useful module would be removed. Without this module it means I need to sit at my computer waiting for the Favicon to notify me when I have a new order. 

The module is there, I have it installed but I cannot get it working after updating to latest PS version. 😐 Note: Actually after searching for it from the CMS module shope, it is not visible.

You can still get it from https://github.com/PrestaShop/ps_emailalerts

I have a problem with it from about 3 weeks ago and I don't receive new order mails for the admin. 

If you plan to enable it, could you confirm my problem or say if it's working with you.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, BZZYBI said:

Thanks Nemo.

I have downloaded all versions until prestashop_1.7.5.0 and still no luck. 

I cant understand why such a simple and useful module would be removed. Without this module it means I need to sit at my computer waiting for the Favicon to notify me when I have a new order. 

I just updated to 1.7.6.4, 

i am totally agree you. What is the alternative of these ? We should sit and wait for new orders ? E-mail was going to our public mail, everybody saw it, and started to prepare before, now what are you doing ?

You sent this mail for a long time ago ? what did you do ? do presta has screet gun for this that i couldnt find it yet ? 

@NemoPS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Where are the instructions on how to install this from Github?  The readme there doesn't tell you what to *do* to actually get this installed.

If someone can point me in the direction of instructions, that would be great!

Thank you,

Dave

On 5/22/2020 at 11:29 AM, onewhite said:

Hi Guys

Where are the instructions on how to install this from Github?  The readme there doesn't tell you what to *do* to actually get this installed.

If someone can point me in the direction of instructions, that would be great!

Thank you,

Dave

In order to download github modules go to the repository of the module you want to install and click on "releases" and download the latest release and upload it like a normal module.

I would like to add that this default module works great but there is a big issue and you can't actually separate new orders from stock emails, so it's really hard to filter the emails.

Thanks Centrobolsos,

When you say, "this default module" - do you mean this one on Github?  Or is there another default module for mail notifications?
I'm still extremely surprised (and disappointed) that this notification of new orders via email isn't in the core product)

It now errors when uploading the "module".

"This file does not seem to be a valid module zip"

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Annotation 2020-05-25 125135.png

Annotation 2020-05-25 125058.png

Edited by onewhite
Adding files. (see edit history)

4 hours ago, onewhite said:

Thanks Centrobolsos,

When you say, "this default module" - do you mean this one on Github?  Or is there another default module for mail notifications?
I'm still extremely surprised (and disappointed) that this notification of new orders via email isn't in the core product)

It now errors when uploading the "module".

"This file does not seem to be a valid module zip"

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Annotation 2020-05-25 125135.png

Annotation 2020-05-25 125058.png

Yes, this module is the default one of PrestaShop Core. If you are getting zip error is because you are downloading the source code directly, instead click on V2.1.1 link and upload it. If this still doesn't work, just make sure to download the source, extract it and rename the folder without the version, for this case ps_emailalerts (the folder name must be the same name as the main php file), re-zip it and upload.

If you are working on latest 1.7 version you should also available to install it from modules catalog.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @centrobolsos!  This worked perfectly.  I had to rename the folder, and re-zip and that worked.

You are a champion.

One of the options that is turned on, when configuring ps_emailalerts, is:

"Gives the customer the option of receiving a notification when an out-of-stock product is available again".

How does a customer register for that kind of notification on a product?

Thanks again!

Dave

48 minutes ago, onewhite said:

Thank you @centrobolsos!  This worked perfectly.  I had to rename the folder, and re-zip and that worked.

You are a champion.

One of the options that is turned on, when configuring ps_emailalerts, is:

"Gives the customer the option of receiving a notification when an out-of-stock product is available again".

How does a customer register for that kind of notification on a product?

Thanks again!

Dave

You are welcome, I'm glad you made it!

In order to make the customer get the notification, first you must set the stock quantity, by default is 3. When the product is out of stock, in the product page appears a button to get notified when the product is restocked and you can edit these settings from "My Account". The sad thing is that you are not notified ( as shop manager ) by theese e-mail, so you won't be able to know how many customers want this product back, or at least I haven't managed to find where. Indeed this module needs a little more of work since it's lacking a lot of stuff.

Regards

• Like 1

Thanks again @centrobolsos

I'll have to experiment with this, as I noticed that (as a customer) there was no button for an "out of stock" item.  It could be that I have customised the message when an item is out of stock (classic theme, prestashop v1.7.6.5).  So I might remove the message, and see what happens.

Do you have a screenshot of an example of this button that's supposed to appear?

I hope they work on this module more as it would be great for a shop owner to know what customer want if the stock is depleted.

Again, thanks for your help, you've been amazing.

Edited by onewhite (see edit history)

On 5/26/2020 at 2:55 AM, onewhite said:

Thanks again @centrobolsos

I'll have to experiment with this, as I noticed that (as a customer) there was no button for an "out of stock" item.  It could be that I have customised the message when an item is out of stock (classic theme, prestashop v1.7.6.5).  So I might remove the message, and see what happens.

Do you have a screenshot of an example of this button that's supposed to appear?

I hope they work on this module more as it would be great for a shop owner to know what customer want if the stock is depleted.

Again, thanks for your help, you've been amazing.

By default, there is no "out of stock" button, but simply a text out of stock, see attachment for more info (taken from demo.prestashop.com), but you can modify the theme to convert it to a button with a little bit of smarty and css would do the trick. Honestly I think this should be introduced by default on product-flags variable and show it as a flag when you are navigating inside the category.

I've been working both from the shop point of view and programmer side and this is something really hard to make, since everyone has it's own needs, so prestashop won't really change something unless it's really obvious and good for everyone. Instead, you can always purchase third party modules from addons.prestashop.com , i know it's not free but you can always try in the forums, but from my experience, it's best to let the work handled if it's paid (not always), where you can at least, have a guarantee for the money you paid.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

Thank you again @centrobolsos.  I found the button that the customer sees, so that's good.  But am yet to test what happens as a customer when I get more stock in and update my stock levels.

I'm going to start looking at the developer guides/section as to how to write my own plugins.  I have a local dev environment set up now, so I can play around with things.

Thanks again for all your assistance, how do i give you a rating on here? :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 7:07 AM, onewhite said:

Thank you again @centrobolsos.  I found the button that the customer sees, so that's good.  But am yet to test what happens as a customer when I get more stock in and update my stock levels.

I'm going to start looking at the developer guides/section as to how to write my own plugins.  I have a local dev environment set up now, so I can play around with things.

Thanks again for all your assistance, how do i give you a rating on here? :)

You are welcome, I'm glad I've been useful and you managed to resolve your issues.

No special need for ratings since this is a forum and prestashop is an opensource project 😃

• 8 months later...

This is 2021 and thi Solution Helped me. Thanks

On 5/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, ChineseNorris said:

Yes, this module is the default one of PrestaShop Core. If you are getting zip error is because you are downloading the source code directly, instead click on V2.1.1 link and upload it. If this still doesn't work, just make sure to download the source, extract it and rename the folder without the version, for this case ps_emailalerts (the folder name must be the same name as the main php file), re-zip it and upload.

If you are working on latest 1.7 version you should also available to install it from modules catalog.